News:

Main Menu

jpeg pdfs

Started by Tracy, May 07, 2024, 08:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

What's the new politically correct term for Master Bedroom then?

DCurry

Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

pspdfppdfxhd

I take offense to that! One of my primary school teaches was abusive!

DCurry

You probably deserved it. 
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

pspdfppdfxhd

Possum

Can people please get over what to call stuff and not get so overly sensitive about each little word? I can't believe the things that ruffle feathers these days. I still can't get over losing the Frito Bandido for that reason.

If hearing the term "master bedroom" is the worst thing that happens to you today, you're damned lucky.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigiCorn

:ontopic:

I'm finding out that a lot of the work we get through here (is banners and stickers) are 800 page plans and specs books, mostly done in CAD. We have to resize the work to 8.5x11 usually (sometimes 11x17) but this latest order came in raster instead of vector and all that's supplied is pdf. There's 860 pages of these things, and it's choking Prisma, so we need to reduce file size somehow. 

What's the best recommendation? Using the default reduce file size option, or using the optimize pdf and defining?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on May 13, 2024, 12:26:15 PM:ontopic:

I'm finding out that a lot of the work we get through here (is banners and stickers) are 800 page plans and specs books, mostly done in CAD. We have to resize the work to 8.5x11 usually (sometimes 11x17) but this latest order came in raster instead of vector and all that's supplied is pdf. There's 860 pages of these things, and it's choking Prisma, so we need to reduce file size somehow.

What's the best recommendation? Using the default reduce file size option, or using the optimize pdf and defining?
Bounce it and request proper PDF's! (I am allowed to act this way now)
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

you can reduce file size the easiest way possible
and do a test print of the original and reduced one and see how different the images are.
you may need to split the file to get it through also

sometimes I will get a file that hangs and the only fix is an x1a