Third party software for PDF editing

Started by born2print, November 08, 2007, 04:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almaink

"All of the new workflow's are NORM, including Prinergy."
Well Rampage still has both ROOM and NORM and although I'm all PDF based I still run NORM seeing no advantage with a ROOM workflow for what we do here. Most simple text and color edits are done on the existing PDF using Pit Stop, extensive edits are done in native application if we have or can get the files.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Vee

I stand corrected.... I should have said-
ROOM is "old school" and, Most of the new workflows are NORM.

Are there any other mainstream workflows that utilize a ROOM flow out of the box?
It's not the job that's so bad.. it's your attitude.

GO RED SOX!!

PlateSmith

I was wondering Born2, and whom ever else uses Prinergy, which PDF manipulation tools from Prinergy you have.  Specifically which ones come in handy that Pitstop doesn't.
The only PDF tool from Prinergy we use is the PDF Trapper plug-in for acrobat.  We use Prinergy v3.1.0.6 and use Pitstop for most of our PDF manipulation stuff.
Our old Scitex Unix server has been running strong for 15 years.  We still use it for an occational retrieval.  It's a tank.

born2print

Quote from: Vee on November 14, 2007, 10:11:21 AMFor the most part - the days of editing Post RIP Data are over. All of the new workflows are NORM, including Prinergy.

We are PDF only too. Every job we print is derived from a PDF.. some how, some way.
Pitstop is the only PDF editing tool we use. PDF Trapping is done via Prinect Trap Editor, and we run Supercolor as well for Color Space editing. Text edits - are ALWAYS done in the native app. No questions about it.

The question from me is....
What do you want to do to the PDFs that Pitstop/Kreodak tools can't do?

Vee

EDIT: Other than Color space edits.. but surely Kreodak has something for this.....
Exactly Vee, the boss misses the ROOM scenario... misses when we used to make a quick edit to ripped data and get to plating right away then fix and save native.
So your question is exactly what I'm trying to confirm now:
We already have powerful tools (Pitstop + Kodak) and I'm not positive we need anything else... that's where I'm at now, research / evaluation stage
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

born2print

Quote from: PlateSmith on November 14, 2007, 11:48:23 AMI was wondering Born2, and whom ever else uses Prinergy, which PDF manipulation tools from Prinergy you have.  Specifically which ones come in handy that Pitstop doesn't.
The only PDF tool from Prinergy we use is the PDF Trapper plug-in for acrobat.  We use Prinergy v3.1.0.6 and use Pitstop for most of our PDF manipulation stuff.

We use the geometry edit and the trap editors and PDF compare from Kodak, the rest would be Pitstop tools that anyone has.

Vee

Ahha..
Well with that said-
Sounds like you have the tools you need. You just need the "Captain" to accept the new way of working..
It's not the job that's so bad.. it's your attitude.

GO RED SOX!!

born2print

YEH, HE'LL THINK WHAT I TELL HIM TO THINK! :ninja:

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: born2print on November 14, 2007, 12:18:23 PMYEH, HE'LL THINK WHAT I TELL HIM TO THINK! :ninja:

it IS actually possible, when done correctly.  :ninja:   

The trick is to make him think it was HIS IDEA to "use what you have, and alter the way you work"...

:P
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley