Acrobat DC May 10 2016

Started by Joe, May 12, 2016, 11:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

I also submitted to the beta team even though I am sure it is an Adobe issue. However they might listen to the Enfocus people. They sure as heck don't listen to me.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

abc

They are consistent in their approach!

pspdfppdfxhd

As I have posted many times, my experience with Acrobat DC has been really bad. I am in the process of dealing with Adobe tech support, they did a remote to no avail now have to take it up to another level.

Also, on another note, we changed our internet service in the house and I was unable to get back in here...... so, i have changed my name from pspdfppdfx to pspdfppdfxhd. Couldnt find my old avatar picture and had to put up a new one as well.

Just testing her to see if the avatar worked.

Joe

What was the issue logging in with pspdfppdfx? The account is still there.

The latest update causes all kinds of havoc with output preview. Don't update to it no matter what Adobe tells you.

pspdfppdfxhd

We're running version: 2015.016.20039 so I am assuming that's not the update. Installed and Uninstalled Acrobat a couple of times but I believe it was before the 10th.

Joe

That is the updated version. Try doing a Pitstop correction with Output Preview open and see what the display does. Mine changes to the Cyan separation no matter what kind of correction I do and toggling the separations on and off never gets it back to 4 color. I have to close Output Preview and open it up again to see all 4 colors. And that in and of itself will soon after cause]s a complete crash of Acrobat. The only thing I can think of is that Adobe is trying to piss off the print industry because this is the worst update in the history of updates.

pspdfppdfxhd

I'm getting the same problems that started when we updated to the first DC.

A lot of visual problems related to the output preview but not as you described. And frequent crashing.

Adobe is supposed to call me today, soon, if there is any joy I will let you'all know.

:drunk3:

Joe

There is a cure. Uninstall and use Acrobat XI. I'm close to being ready to do that.

Farabomb

We know all the cool kids still run X.  8)
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

wonderings

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on May 16, 2016, 11:07:30 AMI'm getting the same problems that started when we updated to the first DC.

A lot of visual problems related to the output preview but not as you described. And frequent crashing.

Adobe is supposed to call me today, soon, if there is any joy I will let you'all know.

:drunk3:
What sort of visual problems are you having? I have not had any issues viewing PDF's or separations in the latest update of Acrobat DC or in any version of Acrobat DC.

Joe

Open Output Preview and make a Pitstop global change from any color to any other color. Output preview will change to only displaying the cyan separation.

Tracy

What the Heck my Acro DC seems to have updated itself.
I wasn't going to update it

wonderings

Quote from: Tracy on May 16, 2016, 02:27:59 PMWhat the Heck my Acro DC seems to have updated itself.
I wasn't going to update it

I noticed that to, not sure why Acrobat is treated different then any of the other apps in CC.

wonderings

Quote from: Joe on May 16, 2016, 02:11:16 PMOpen Output Preview and make a Pitstop global change from any color to any other color. Output preview will change to only displaying the cyan separation.
I am not using Pitstop, so that must be what is causing these issues for you.

Joe

Could be but it wasn't doing it 'before' the Acrobat upgrade.