Converting PDF to PDFx1a

Started by Zimmy3, January 11, 2008, 08:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zimmy3

I see in Acrobat 8 under Advanced/Preflight they now have a convert to X1a option
(along with many others).
Does anyone know if this is avalible in Acrobat 7 ?
Because it feels good !

ninjaPB_43

I think this is what your talking about..

that is in Acro 7...   
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Zimmy3

Because it feels good !

ninjaPB_43

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

David

yeah, I've had a droplet of that on my desktop to do that for some time now.
They work great, just drag and drop a regular pdf file on it and out comes a PDF/X1a!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: david on January 11, 2008, 01:04:36 PMyeah, I've had a droplet of that on my desktop to do that for some time now.
They work great, just drag and drop a regular pdf file on it and out comes a PDF/X1a!

I'm have hadding trouble to get it set so to it doesnt fail..    guess me are stoopid.   wait! I all ready knowed that.  der.

David

well, it does have to be a "good" pdf to start with...

but that's just me.

you do know how to drop right?  it happens right after the drag thingie...

haha
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on January 11, 2008, 01:24:20 PMwell, it does have to be a "good" pdf to start with...

I'm confused. What's that "good pdf" you speak of? Can I get them at Walmart?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

no, it's a blue light special at K-mart, you goof.

8)
Livin' la Vida Loca

ninjaPB_43

Ohhhhhhhhh....    wait, no?..  what's a drag?  maybe that's what Im forgetting. 

what is your definition of a "good" pdf to start with..     as long as it has .pdf on the end of the name and will open in Illustrator, makes it "good"..  right?..   

David

well yeah... duh.

I use Illy to do all my pdf editing.

don't know why you're having trouble with it, mine works right out of the box, I never really gave it a thought.
what kind of errors did it give you?
Livin' la Vida Loca

ninjaPB_43

*Abort Abort*   This program will self destruct in 10 seconds, unless you stand on your head, drink a fifth of scotch, smoke some pot and tell a whopping fish tale about the hobo down the street under the bridge who wanted to use your credit card to buy himself a dog so he would have some warmth in the middle of July in Texas *Abort Abort*

You didnt get that error??...    shit I think I've broke it.

David

oh yeah..

that error message means you broke it for sure!

start over and make sure you do the dance around a dead chicken and sprinkle a little ash of a dead bat over your head, you should be good to go.
Livin' la Vida Loca

ninjaPB_43