work and turn trim marks

Started by tapdn, June 05, 2009, 01:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tapdn

how about Ms Poke instead :rolleyes:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

DCurry

You are all nuts! Apparently I'm the only one actually using Work & Turns and Tumble templates? I like them, especially with Prinergy - when I send to my impo proofer, Prinergy is smart enough to send it twice so it gets backed up properly. Also makes it way easier when there are different size pieces ganged up on one sheet.

If you are using Smart Crop marks and want to delete some but not all, hold the option key and select the marks you want to delete.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

rotarypower3

I've been using Preps for years and never knew you could do that! Thanks, nice tip.  :grin:

Quote from: DCurry on June 06, 2009, 07:03:02 PMIf you are using Smart Crop marks and want to delete some but not all, hold the option key and select the marks you want to delete.
Have used.... Linotronic 530/630 │ Hercules50 │ Scitex Dolev 800 │ Scitex PSM 5/6/7 │ BlackMagic │ EFI Colorproof │ Kodak Prinergy  │ Agfa Apogee Prepress  │

Fixing designers junk since '98!

DCurry

I confess that I didn't even know it until about a month ago and saw it in Prinergy training. Before that I just didn't include Smart Crops on my work-and-turn master templates and instead used regular static crops, which you can select individually (without a key modifier) on the page to delete undesired ones.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

tapdn

That answers my question. Thanks!!
Think I will still stick with single sided for now, but now I know what to tell my trainee.  :wink:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Joe

I don't do a lot of sheet fed stuff so forgive me if this is a stupid question but isn't a work & turn template single sided by default?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

Kind of, Joe. In theory, yes, but Preps treats it like half of the sheet you're working with and mirrors marks on the other half.

As far as the proofing goes, I don't have to send my W&Ts twice because they are sent from my main workflow, to a work and turn hot folder on the spinjet rip, which automatically backs it up work and turn style.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

That's sort of what I thought. I've always created them like the rest of you...as flat work, single sided but always figured I was doing it wrong. My stumbling block was the spacing in the middle of the sheet. I need to change this to match the rest of the pages that are running on the web press but like I say I don't do a lot of this. It always tells me this spacing is set by the imposition on a W&T template and it won't let me change it.

DCurry

Quote from: Joe on June 08, 2009, 10:02:36 AMIt always tells me this spacing is set by the imposition on a W&T template and it won't let me change it.

It will let you change it, just have to go about it in a different way than SW. On SW, you can double-click the center gutter and alter the left/right space. On a WT, you have Modify Imposition and put in a Fixed Left Margin under the Placement on Press Sheet section (you'd alter the Fixed Bottom Margin on a Tumble.)

Joe

The double click is what I was trying. I'll have to investigate the other method when I get a chance. If I change the left margin does it keep the right side an equal distance from the sheet edge as the left side...there by altering the space in the middle?

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

TommyGun

Quote from: DCurry on June 06, 2009, 07:03:02 PMIf you are using Smart Crop marks and want to delete some but not all, hold the option key and select the marks you want to delete.
I cannot seem to delete only some of my smart registration marks this way.

I'm using a Work and Turn style and get mirrored marks in my center gutter. Afaik there is no way to fix this... :angry:

DigiCorn

This thread may be three years old, but we're here to help!

Are the templates you are editing in Preps 6 originating in Preps 5? If this is true, the marks won't come off. If you originate your template in Preps 6 and then try this, they will come off. It's stupid, but that's Kodak.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Ya, who's "DigitalCrapShoveler"? Must be an old member.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe