44pp Saddle Stitched Book - Creep

Started by jadunlop, August 19, 2009, 10:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jadunlop

Hi there, noobie here! I'm trying to impose a 44pp impo as saddle stitched so I can sort the creep. When I add my impo to my run list of 44pp I get the warning that the job contains more pages than the run list although it has 44pp. I know it is something to do with the impo being saddle stitched as it works fine (without creep) as a flat sheet.

I'm beginning to pull my hair out!

Please help! I know it may just be me that is the problem!

Jim

frailer

Sounds like your Sigs. maybe add up to 48pp. Am guessing you need a Work & Turn in there, instead of 1 of the 8pp Sigs. If so, you'll need to make up a 4pp Sig. Template>Add Signature. Name it for IDing later, making sure you mention W&T in the name.
Under "Press Sheet", select "Work and Turn" from the Work Style list.
Then, from Template menu>choose "Create Imposition". Do your thing with page size/orientation/gutters/SmartMarks etc. Number the pages.
This Sig will then be part of your Imposition. You must be in Saddle Stitch though. No good being in Flatwork. If you've been doing it manually in Flatwork up to now, you'll need an 8pp Sig as well. Just make sure you choose "Sheetwise", when you make it up.

It's all I can offer with the info you've given. There will be more experienced help along, when they wake up.

Any chance of screenshots of your PREPS windows?...FileList/RunList/Sigs? + more info. if possible.

If you can do a screenshot, convert to .png or .jpg. Choose "Addition Options..." at bottom of post window. Navigate to file/screenshot. Do a marquee one to keep the file size below the limit, (128 KB., from memory).
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

jadunlop

Hi there, the impo I've been given is a SRA1 sheet with 44/1 and 2/43 as a 4pp wt up with a 8pp sheet work section (p3, 4, 5 and 6 with 39, 40, 41 and 42) and on sig 2 I have p7-14 with p31-38 and sig 3 p15-30.

I know it is something simple but this night shift gets to you after a while.

Jim

Ahh.. screen shots! Hold on.

Mmm.. where is the add file button?

frailer

Here's my reading of what you've been given/what you've imposed. Have they asked you to do 2x16pp, plus 1x8pp, plus 1x4pp. From your description above, that is what they want. It is also how I would be given it here, most likely.
Although your screenshot stuff backs up, I don't think it's bindery-friendy, bearing in mind I'm not a binder/folder op.
I would be inclined to make up as I've listed above.

-1,2,43,44. 4pp cover side (W&T).
-3.4.5.6...etc; as an 8pp (W&T).
-the rest as 2x16pp Sheetwise sections.

Have they given you a pagination 'diagram'? Or just told you that's how they want the pages distributed in the impo?

Here is a screenshot of what I think they want. If you can do that in PREPS, and it looks as though you have the skill to...
as I say, my guess.    :undecided:

The screenshots from Dynastrip, only because it was quicker for me. Same cat, different method...

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

LoganBlade

if it is a self cover why not make a 12 page sig? this has nothing to do with creep sorry.
"dyslexics have more fnu"

jadunlop

Hi again guys. The cover is on different stock and therfore is out of the equation. I have been given this impo to follow, so the 4pp and 8pp must be on the same sheet. I think it is not working because there is 4pp to waste on the first sig. I may add another blank 4pp to the pageset and keep the 4pp to waste as blanks!

This is doing my head in!   :banghead:

Jim

tapdn

Quote from: jadunlop on August 20, 2009, 02:14:15 PMHi again guys. The cover is on different stock and therfore is out of the equation. I have been given this impo to follow, so the 4pp and 8pp must be on the same sheet. I think it is not working because there is 4pp to waste on the first sig. I may add another blank 4pp to the pageset and keep the 4pp to waste as blanks!

This is doing my head in!   :banghead:

Jim

sorry, off topic (as usual). English, Irish or Aussie Jim?
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

gnubler

Could be Scottish, you bigot! Everyone always forgets about those cute redheads to the north. Or South African! Color me offended!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

tapdn

so now you are a red headed, Scottish, cute, light skinned, Afro American, German?  :huh:
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
~Farabomb

gnubler

No dude - do I look like I eat haggis and blow into pipes?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

tapdn

...no, I find just the opposite to be true. :rolleyes:
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

jadunlop

LOL! I'm Scottish! and it is still not working!

Jim

frailer

Quote from: jadunlop on August 20, 2009, 02:14:15 PMThe cover is on different stock and therfore is out of the equation. I have been given this impo to follow, so the 4pp and 8pp must be on the same sheet.

More info...required. The 4pp cover is on a different stock to the rest of the job? In which case the impo I posted above would be the best way to go, IMO.
Or, are they requiring you to place the 1st 6 pp and the last 6pp on the same sheet?   :huh:

If you could clrify. And...why creep compensation required? Super heavy stock? Doesn't seem like it would need it, but, once again...more info.

BTW, what city/town in Scotland? Just a busybody, is all... :angel:

Chelle

LOL... He's Beer's neighbor then... :laugh:
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

jadunlop

Right, I'll try and give as much info as possible!

The job is a 4pp Cover on 300g and 44pp Text on 135g. The impo came from our bindery and must be as this sheet attached.

There are coloured bands running from top to bottom bleeding off left and right and the folio is quite close to the trim, and if pushed out by the creep will be even closer to the trim or cut off (knowing our bindery!).

I am working in Glasgow at moment and live in Cambuslang but grew up in Cumbernauld.