44pp Saddle Stitched Book - Creep

Started by jadunlop, August 19, 2009, 10:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelle

Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

jadunlop

frailer

Yep, welcome, j.

Pardon for asking the "bleedin'" obvious. How are they intending to run 300gsm on a 4pp cover, and 135 on the "rest". PP 1-6; 43-48 on same sheet.
Or have missed something?   :huh:

Bindery/production mgr. been on the malt?   :laugh:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Chelle

Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

typeman

If that screen shot you posted is your Preps template, it is wrong. Each sig needs to numbered starting with 1. i.e. Sig 1 should be numbered 1-12, Sig 2+3 1-16.

Like this:
Sig 1 Side A
Blank - Blank - 5 - 8
12 - 1 - 4 - 9

Sig 1 Side B
7 - 6 - Blank - Blank
10 - 3 - 2 - 11

Sig 2+3 Side A
1 - 16 - 13 - 4
8 - 9 - 12 - 5

Sig 2+3 Side B
3 - 14 - 15 - 2
6 - 11 - 10 - 7

jadunlop

I like your thinking Typeman, however, I use Kodak Prinergy Workflow and I have a Page Set of 44pp. These pages become linked to the Preps Run List and just fall into place.

This may mean I have to change the Page Set although we've never done that before as with a previous 32pp job saddle stitched with creep it just worked fine.

??  :huh:

Jim

frailer

I'm assuming that's a shot of your Job, not the Templates folder. So numbering OK?   :undecided:

But, I still don't get the "same sheet" issue. Are you familiar with making up Templates? Impositions from scratch? Seems to me you'll need a new Template made up...which will then be linked to Prinergy. Wish I could help more...the confusion could mostly be mine, of course.    :laugh:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Quote from: jadunlop on August 20, 2009, 06:29:52 PMI like your thinking Typeman, however, I use Kodak Prinergy Workflow and I have a Page Set of 44pp. These pages become linked to the Preps Run List and just fall into place.

This may mean I have to change the Page Set although we've never done that before as with a previous 32pp job saddle stitched with creep it just worked fine.

??  :huh:

Jim

jadunlop, welcome to the forum.

I have to agree with typeman though. You need to number that first template 1-12 and the second one 1-16. You don't need the third one. In your pageset in Prinergy you'll put the pages in numbered 1-44 and then when you create the imposition you add in your template numbered 1-12 and then add the second template that is numbered 1-16 twice. As long as you've specified that the templates are saddlestitch Preps will number them correctly when it create the imposition plan. You need to let Preps do the dirty work for you. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Skryber

^
Yes.
Preps is designed to put the pages where they need to go depending on your work style. (Saddle stitch, perfect bound, etc.)
Also, it shouldn't matter that the pages are linked, just as long as they are in order.

Welcome Jim!
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

tapdn

Quote from: Skryber on August 21, 2009, 06:40:31 AM^
Yes.
Preps is designed to put the pages where they need to go depending on your work style. (Saddle stitch, perfect bound, etc.)
Also, it shouldn't matter that the pages are linked, just as long as they are in order.

Welcome Jim!

...true, but as stated, it all depends if the templates are set up and pages numbered correctly- right?
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

frailer

Quietly exits, stage left...   :shhh:

Told you they'd wake up, Jim..     :laugh:

Skryber

Quote from: tapdn on August 21, 2009, 06:43:49 AM
Quote from: Skryber on August 21, 2009, 06:40:31 AM^
Yes.

Welcome Jim!

...true, but as stated, it all depends if the templates are set up and pages numbered correctly- right?
Right. The run list will have the pages in order (1-44) and the sigs would all start with the number 1 and added in order. Like Joe and Typeman were saying, he only needs one 16 page added twice. So first would be the 12 page sig and then add the 16 twice. The work style would be set up as saddle stitch. After you add the sigs, in the sig list, there will be a number next to the sig thumbnail and that number is the low folio of that sig. (Number based on the run list) So after he adds the sigs the low folio for sig 1 will be p1, sig 2 will be p7 and sig 3 will be p15.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Skryber

Oh, he's ganging an 8 and 4 so he has to number the 4 pager like this:

12 - 1
2 - 11

And then with numbers 3-10, create his 8 pager.

Skryber

Quote from: Skryber on August 21, 2009, 07:09:55 AMOh, he's ganging an 8 and 4 so he has to number the 4 pager like this:

12 - 1
2 - 11

And then with numbers 3-10, create his 8 pager.

Sorry, Typeman already showed him the proper way to number this. Use his numbering and all should be good.

LoganBlade

so like i said

make a 4 page cover 4 out w/tun or sheetwise if it is 1/0
1 - 12page signature (not the 4 pg and 8 pag on same sheet.)
2 - 16 page signatures.

I know this is a creep issue. but if it is built correctly you can manage creep the way you want.
"dyslexics have more fnu"