Preps 5.3.3 + Snow Leopard

Started by DCurry, December 16, 2009, 12:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Thanks for the update, Christian! I know you've been pretty vocal on this issue here and on other boards and I appreciate your tenacity.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

uthrax

Try this:

Quit all applications

Go to folder : Preps 5.3 -> Extras -> safenet

Launch 'installerdriver' -> click OK to install

Reboot

Worked like a charm for me. No downloads, no re-installs, etc..

Good luck.

-Sean

DigiCorn

Yeah, I've done that. I even contacted Kodak to get the v6 driver which has "no issues" and replaced my 5.3.3 driver with the new one. I still have issues, although fewer of them. Best part so far is that it waits for me to build a complicated template (ones with independant pages of varying size and placement) and then crashes when I go to save it. It lets me save the inconsequential stuff along the way, but when I have all the custom placed take off bars and then save, that's when I lose it. And it's awful nice for it to corrupt the template some of the time as well, so i get a lot of practice recreating them.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Chuckls

Thanks Utrhax that worked like a charm!!!