Problem with initializing deltaRip

Started by prepressure, September 10, 2009, 09:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prepressure

I know guys i'm bothering you with the same posts but error doesnt seems to move away.
Here is me my problem with "good old "Delta Tower:
Heidelberg linotype hell,Delta technology 6.0
I start delta control(Autoflow)In the event shows that Delta Tower does not give the willingness to start:
 1. 1. Generator - Intializing...
 2. 2. Interpreter - Intializing...
 3. 3. Delta Tower - Not Initialized.
 4. 4. Image Setter - Offline
 5. 5. Print Manager - Idle

Then after Somehow i start DeltaRip(Booting complete system several times :angry:)
   I send Postscript To Rip(In my case delta autoflow)Rip doesnt recognise my         
   postscripts Then i look to print manager Window and it says"An error occured in   
   postscript file,internal software error...)THIS ERROR APEARS EVEN TO POSTSCRIPTS FILES THAT I PRINTED BEFORE TO THE SAME RIP,SAME PROCEDURE and it worked well
   but now suddenly all went wrong
   Can someone just Tell me is this An software error(Like configuring Rip,or reinstalling delta technology...)Or Hardware error(To Delta Tower OR RIP).

Thanxx to all  for your support
GREETINGS :azn:

Joe

My guess is hardware but that's all it is...just a guess. Look for any log files it might generate while it's starting up. Might be something in there.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

I could be wrong, it's been a while, but doesn't Delta have diagnostic tools?
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

I dunno. I used one about 15 years ago but can't remember the details that far back.

DigitalCrapShoveler

I wasn't asking you. Unless you got a Delta Tower sitting around with the same problems. :tongue: :laugh:
Member #285 - Civilian

Nick Burns

The flashing yellow lights on the Delta Tower should give you some indication if it is booting up properly. Based on what you have said, your tower isn't initializing. Could either be software or hardware error but it sounds like it is in the Delta Tower. It's been years since I messed with one, doesn't it have a floppy drive for the configuration files?
Oh by the way, YOU'RE WELCOME!

Nick Burns

Called a friend of mine (was a Heidelberg tech for 17 years), no floppy, he said on the back of the tower there is a port, use a null modem cable and plug it into one of your windows machines (serial port DB9). You should be able to access the hard drive, it will appear under windows like any other hard drive. Delete the cache, and defrag it. If you can't access the drive it is failed or failing. If you can access it and do these things, it should fix it. If not, the hardware board is bad.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

prepressure

Thankxx Nick burns Your Replie really solved my problem :huh:
I owe you men  :cheesy:
Thanxxxx

Joe

Quote from: prepressure on September 11, 2009, 12:40:11 AMThankxx Nick burns Your Replie really solved my problem :huh:
I owe you men  :cheesy:
Thanxxxx

Soooo...how many men is Nick good for? :laugh:

Glad you got it solved prepressure.

Nick Burns

Cool, glad I could help and more importantly it worked.

prepresstex

The delta tower probably lost a disk check that it is on and connected