News:

Main Menu

Delta, DI, JDF

Started by The Stevinator, November 13, 2007, 04:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stevinator

Anyone out there using a Dela RIP with a JDF workflow?  Also, we just got a Polar 92x.  Is that CIP compatible?

Haven't gotten our RIP up yet.  Looks like the RAID disks were screwed up in shipping.  The idiots didn't even pack the RIP in a box.  They just threw it in the truck.....man my head hurts....
SJM

Marktonk

Stevinator,

Delta is not JDF enable and therefore you will not get JMF back from it. Delta launched back in 1995 and is/was the originator of ROOM work flow (Rip Once Output Many). So it has had a nice 12 year run, longer then our many other raster based systems. I believe it the latest version is 8.5, which has the latest Adobe CPSI. You can just send Postscript or PDF to it.

I am not sure on the Polar, will have to check.

Regards,

Mark Tonkovich
Product Manager, CtP & proofing

Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

The Stevinator

What about meta?  I thought I saw a diagram in that 74 DI tech manual you got me that showed CIP3 info being sent to the press.  Basically I guess the question is, if the 74 DI can take JDF what's the best way of getting it there.
SJM

Marktonk

Hey Steve,

MetaDimension will do the trick. Meta, along with Signa Station are JDF certified. Here is a link www.CIP4.org

Under the Directory tab go to certified products.

With DI, Delta and Meta both are slightly different in that they have built in sw for presetting the ink keys. So you can do with Delta but if you want JDF connectivity, you will need Meta.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

The Stevinator

Very helpfull.

Here's the kicker.  Do I have to purchase anything to get the 74 DI set up on Meta?
SJM

Marktonk

Steve,

The Meta for 74 DI is different then for CtP or CtF. It has built in sw to support the communication with the DI and in particular, the ink key zone settings. So you would need the Meta for DI. If you do not have that, I think there may be a trade in of Delta to Meta. I can check if you are interested.

Regards,

Mark
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

The Stevinator

Our Meta version right now is for our QMDI 46-Pro.  I would imagine it would be the same version needed for the 74.  Right now our Meta RIP only runs our QMDI.  We would like it to run the 74 DI and our proofer (HP 5500 plotter, not the ps version).
SJM

Marktonk

Steve,

A few things will be different from Meta for the QM46 and the SM74 DI. You have different output, a 2 up and a 4up, these are typically two different licenses from Adobe with different price points. Second, you have different ink zones on each press, with more on the 74. Are you saying you want to use one Meta to drive both?

As for driving the HP 5500, there is an option for Meta called ColorProof Pro that will allow you to drive the 5500 direct along with other HP, Epson and Canon proofers. We also offer color management sw with Prinect Profle Toolbox. Delta does have option for driving HP5500 direct. It may be on your Delta already.
Regards,

Mark
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

The Stevinator

If possible, I would prefer Meta to run both.  So, to get Meta to run for the 74 DI we would have to get a different version?  Is that right?  If so, what are the details on that trade-in you mentioned?

Thanks for helping me sort this out.
SJM

Marktonk

Steve,

At this point it would be best to have your Heidelberg Rep call you. They can go over the minute details and figure out what you will need. PM me if you want and I will forward on. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Regards,

Mark
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

The Stevinator

good idea.  my number is 713.344.2130.

Have a good one buddy!
SJM