Action List - how to perform specific color selection

Started by metlife, January 07, 2019, 04:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metlife

Hello,
I have a small problem with creating a list of actions in which I can mark a specific color. I created this action, but nothing happens. Below screen from the created action.
Translating:
1) Zaznacz wszystko means "Select all"
2) Zaznacz kolor dodatkowy (spot) Lakier means "Select spot color (spot) Lacquer"

At section 2) I'm selecting color by its name. I'm trying to create a global action but I'm stuck at this stage.

DCurry

I think your action is just incomplete - there's nothing for it to do after Select Spot Color Lacquer. What do you want to do to the selection?
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

metlife

Quote from: DCurry on January 07, 2019, 06:20:17 AMI think your action is just incomplete - there's nothing for it to do after Select Spot Color Lacquer. What do you want to do to the selection?
Hi DCurry,
I want to create an action in which several things will happen, and among them I want to remove objects containing a specific spot color from the pdf file. I also try actions with the operators of AND OR and NOT, but at the moment I do not quite understand their mode of operation.
I have another problem, when I create the color "varnish" with the action "create varnish" from the selected object, then the color is White. Is it possible to change this color from white to another to be immediately visible in the PDF file?

abc

To remove.
Select the attributes of the object you want to delete.
Size, Color, Position, Type of object, something that's unique to what you want to get rid of.
the use 'Remove Selection'

You can use the Action List Visualizer to see what you are doing!

AND, OR and NOT. Help you to combine selections, such as:
Select Text
Select Color
Select Font size

It helps to refine your selection.

Once you have the selection you can then edit, check or delete.

metlife

Quote from: abc on January 07, 2019, 09:00:52 AMTo remove.
Select the attributes of the object you want to delete.
Size, Color, Position, Type of object, something that's unique to what you want to get rid of.
the use 'Remove Selection'

You can use the Action List Visualizer to see what you are doing!

AND, OR and NOT. Help you to combine selections, such as:
Select Text
Select Color
Select Font size

It helps to refine your selection.

Once you have the selection you can then edit, check or delete.
ABC,
that's exactly what I'm doing. This color has a unique name, and I set the selection after its name, and then there is to be an action to delete objects with this color, but nothing happens. And in the case of Varnish, is it possible to change this color so that it is not White at the start, but for example pink or other color that is visible? There is no such an option at action "Create Varnish".

Tracy

Looks like you can change the Spot White, in the dropdown you can select Pantone library.
That's all I got for your questions tho!  :laugh:

metlife

Hi Tracy,
the thing is that it is the spot color White, which is exactly what it is called and there is no need to change its name. while on the action list in the Color section there is the "Create varnish" operation (marked in the picture). The only thing you can do is give a name to this color. I can change this color in a few steps but I have to break it down into individual actions. However, I would like to have it all in one action, namely:
1) I want varnish to be created on the objects I select
2) because the varnish is created in the form of a white color, I want to change this color to a more visible in the pdf file
3) then I want to remove all the other elements from the file except of the varnish and cut lines

unfortunately after creating these steps, the only thing that happens is the varnish creation action. The other actions do not take place at all.

greetings

Tracy

You may need to combine actions
There is an action to remove all except spots and dielines etc..
you can modify into your own action.

abc

@metlife
Add a spot color called 'Varnish" into the color database via the color picker.
You can make it any color you chose. It should then be used.

(from memory, will retest and update tomorrow)