News:

Main Menu

Pitstop 2018

Started by Tracy, June 06, 2018, 09:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Just used generate bleed on a crappy 16pp A4 program here.   :banana:

This is what now constitutes excitement at my age.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DPSprint

Quote from: frailer on July 22, 2018, 05:06:52 PMJust used generate bleed on a crappy 16pp A4 program here.   :banana:

This is what now constitutes excitement at my age.
aint it a grand thing to be able to do with a button click!

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

DPSprint

I really like the 'split pages in half' function!

frailer

I guess because of the stuff we do, and having XMF, we tend to do that in there. But yes, good reminder it's there.

AaronH

I just got on the Pitstop 2018 bandwagon! Pitstop 12 was crashing DC just about 2/3 times of using one of the inspector tools or the action lists/global changes in the last month or so. Made my life fun. So far 2018 looks way more stable with the current DC build.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

frailer

Quote from: AaronH on July 25, 2018, 05:45:00 PMI just got on the Pitstop 2018 bandwagon! Pitstop 12 was crashing DC just about 2/3 times of using one of the inspector tools or the action lists/global changes in the last month or so. Made my life fun. So far 2018 looks way more stable with the current DC build.

Yes, we're just easing into it here. Some annoying changes to Tool accessibility and a few GUi things, but smoother/quicker.
We've gone for the 'dark' theme background here; the other one's super bright.

The new Generate Bleed feature is good, within limitations. I think that may have come in on 2017, which we skipped over, as you would have.

frailer

We can have 'groups' of Tools listed down the right side, and therefore reasonably accessible, but is there a way of avoiding to have to use the 'runover/dropdown' for Tools which spill off to the right in the top Menu bar....I have Wireframe and a couple of others there, which I need to dropdown to access. Ideally I'd like to access them from another Menu spillover which runs across underneath the top one. I don't think it can be done.

Also, in that dropdown, I have Sticky Notes and Highlight, which I'd like to flick, and can't seem to be able to.

abc

There's a PitStop custom tool floating around that might be useful!

Joe

Quote from: frailer on July 31, 2018, 07:41:53 PMWe can have 'groups' of Tools listed down the right side, and therefore reasonably accessible, but is there a way of avoiding to have to use the 'runover/dropdown' for Tools which spill off to the right in the top Menu bar....I have Wireframe and a couple of others there, which I need to dropdown to access. Ideally I'd like to access them from another Menu spillover which runs across underneath the top one. I don't think it can be done.

Also, in that dropdown, I have Sticky Notes and Highlight, which I'd like to flick, and can't seem to be able to.

Right click or Control+Click the menu bar and select "Customize Quick Tools". Click on any icon you don't want up there and then click the trash can icon.

[attach width=400]18862[/attach]
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Also what is your screen size and resolution set to? On my 27" iMac I have plenty of room for all of these:

[attach width=500]18864[/attach]

frailer

Quote from: Joe on August 01, 2018, 07:47:06 AMAlso what is your screen size and resolution set to? On my 27" iMac I have plenty of room for all of these:

[attach width=500]18864[/attach]

Under my nose. Customised...

Also, have moved screen res to the next finer in the 5 options. Should get me what I want without going too fine.

Resolved!

Joe

When you go into your Display system pref hold down the option key when you click "Scaled" and it will show you the possible resolutions. Mine is set at 2560 x 1440.

If you want to screw with a co-worker change theirs to 5120 x 2880. They will think they are having a stroke and going blind. :rotf:

pspdfppdfxhd

I haven't been following this thread but I am wondering if it's worth updating from v.13.

(Note: We rely HEAVILY on pitstop use for smoothing out the junk we get here).

AaronH

I like the new tools I have access to now. Like ink TAC reduction and minimize file size 3.0. Besides the new tools, I like it because it isn't causing my Acrobat DC to crash every time I hit on the Inspection Tool. I had 12.3 though, so that was probably the problem.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris