Why Print is Green

Started by born2print, December 03, 2009, 01:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

You may have seen an article in Printing Impressions Oct. 09 issue about this brochure, but if not, it is available for free.
"Why Print is Green" argues why print really IS green and a "sustainable and environmentally responsible communications medium."
Email your request and mailing address to jnvinyard@msn.com to receive the brochure and related information.
Be sure to mention you heard about it here at https://www.b4print.com/ if it is the case.

Groovy. :afro:
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Chelle

Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

born2print

Not really prepress specific, but green is a big issue and the info can't hurt.
Or can it? :ninja:

Slappy

I for one am sick of all the Green bullshit. Yeah yeah yeah, we're FSC certified & put in an expensive developer recirculating thingy on the plate processor and blah freakin' blah blah. And then an illustrious Manager tells us to throw all of our dead CRTs in the dumpster because it's too much trouble & expense to haul 'em off to a reputable electronics recycling place. It's all a bunch of crap.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

youston

Quote from: Slappy on December 04, 2009, 10:48:13 AMI for one am sick of all the Green bullshit. Yeah yeah yeah, we're FSC certified & put in an expensive developer recirculating thingy on the plate processor and blah freakin' blah blah. And then an illustrious Manager tells us to throw all of our dead CRTs in the dumpster because it's too much trouble & expense to haul 'em off to a reputable electronics recycling place. It's all a bunch of crap.

This ^

:way2go:

G_Town

I'm burning tires and old carpeting in the back yard this weekend come on over y'all!

delooch

we just got a "mayors recycling award" for being a "green" in-house..

- we decommissioned the old camera because it was too expensive to maintain - the boss reported it as "doing away with hazardous developing chemicals"

too bad theres 18 pallets of imported chineese bond sitting in the warehouse. we print on the shit daily. 

they really should fact-check their shit.

zox

Do you know if they mail to Canada?

che.c

I was encouraged to use both sides of my job cards (smaller than A8 - wee T cards) to save on paper wastage and be greener.

I did not respond. :rolleyes:

born2print

Quote from: zox on December 04, 2009, 05:56:56 PMDo you know if they mail to Canada?
Did you try zox? just curious

beck

Quote from: G_Town on December 04, 2009, 04:08:22 PMI'm burning tires and old carpeting in the back yard this weekend come on over y'all!
You can take the out out of Tennessee, but you can't take the Tennessee out of the boy!

beck
Nevertheless....beck has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Joe

beck

Quote from: Slappy on December 04, 2009, 10:48:13 AMI for one am sick of all the Green bullshit. Yeah yeah yeah, we're FSC certified & put in an expensive developer recirculating thingy on the plate processor and blah freakin' blah blah. And then an illustrious Manager tells us to throw all of our dead CRTs in the dumpster because it's too much trouble & expense to haul 'em off to a reputable electronics recycling place. It's all a bunch of crap.
I agree.  Most places are "Green" only when it's convenient and cheap/free.

beck
Nevertheless....beck has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Joe

tapdn

Quote from: beck  on January 28, 2010, 12:31:06 PM
Quote from: G_Town on December 04, 2009, 04:08:22 PMI'm burning tires and old carpeting in the back yard this weekend come on over y'all!
You can take the out out of Tennessee, but you can't take the Tennessee out of the boy!

beck

:huh:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

G_Town

beck

I'm from Michigan.

David

Quote from: G_Town on February 08, 2010, 11:21:11 AM

beck

I'm from Michigan.

what are you doing in Tennessee then?

:laugh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca