Epson 9000 and XMF

Started by Tracy, January 03, 2023, 12:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

so the guy came to hook up my proofer to XMF 
I have never used this guy before, my previous guy is in France or the Netherlands now.

so he said he couldn't hook it up the way I had it, because the driver wasn't compatible to my version of XMF
so the Proofs are coming out with Fat type and the color is off a bit.
so there is no management on it.

any solutions that anyone knows of?

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Yeah that's what I'm thinking!

Hey Joooee!  ;D

David

Not sure why your guy didn't have one or couldn't "find" one. Not much of an installer if you ask me, maybe he's a new guy and don't know how to search the web.

don't know what version of XMF you have, but there should be drivers for it on the Epson web site.  
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

yeah there are drivers but he said it wasn't compatible to my XMF Version
I'm going to try and call fuji and see what it would cost to upgrade but I'm sure it's a fortune

Joe

Never worry about spending the company money. NEVER!

Slappy

Tracy, I could see if the guy that sets our hardware up can work with you remotely. He's realllllly good, just partially retired and I doubt he would travel to your location either. he knows all the Fuji techs and a few "tricks" to get things connected as well.

He did our replacement Epson when the old one took a crap, and I know it was a little odd to get talking to XMF and the Profiling but it's all happy now!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Tracy

Hey that would be great I will PM my info, I got Team viewer on my XMF
Thank you so much!

metromike

Did you get ColorPath with xmƒ?

Tracy

I'm in a bad spot with XMF, no current license and the 9000 driver won't go into my server
had to install driver on Mac.
I'm a bit angry about this and have not gotten over it yet!
I'm trying to figure out a better solution but have not had time

Joe

What is your server OS that the 9000 driver won't go into? Have you looked for a new driver for the 9000 for that OS? What is it you don't have a license for? XMF? The 9000?

Tracy

No license for XMF, good idea about looking for drivers as someone else installed the 9000
My Server is Windows server 2008? I will double check, we bought it in 2014
I'm getting out of date, reminds me of when I first started working here with the Brisque

I need to start looking into alternatives, my boss doesn't want anything to do with Fuji

Joe

Price out Prinergy to him. It might be enough to make him love Fuji.

https://www.drivers-epson.com/epson-surecolor-p9000-standard-edition-driver/

Microsoft Windows Supported Operating System

Windows 10 (32/64 bit)
Windows 8.1 (32/64 bit)
Windows 8 (32/64 bit)
Windows 7 SP1 (32/64bit)

If the above link is for the correct printer it doesn't show any drivers for Windows Server. For Windows Server 2008 I would try the Windows 7 SP1 driver...either the 32-bit or 64-bit to match whatever the OS is running either 32-bit or 64-bit. And even that may not work since the installer may fail if it is doing a strict version check.

Tracy

Thanks Joe, I think I do need to get in there and do it myself, ugh PC yucky
saved your info

madbugger

Quote from: Tracy on February 16, 2023, 11:04:54 AMreminds me of when I first started working here with the Brisque

Shudder, I remember very unfondly when we went to our first platesetter. Creo Lotem 400 with Brisque and Preps for imposition.

Could take up to 30 minutes to rip a 4 pg A4 flat and it would fall over at 95% done. Transparencies were a nightmare.

Upgraded to Prinergy Evo when Kodak purchased Creo and dropped Brisque. It fixed a lot of the issues.

Now running Agfa Apogee and their version of Impose. I preferred Prinergy, but marrying it up to an Agfa platesetter was going to be a nightmare, and the 2nd hand platesetter came with at the time current version of Apogee so it was a no brainer.

Would be happy to go back to Prinergy but that aint gunna happen any time in my lifetime.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.
— Madbugger

Some people say you gotta die some day, I got news, you never gotta go
— Ted Nugent