SOC 2 Compliance

Started by Slappy, October 14, 2019, 07:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Anybody in the Mailing game know about SOC 2 Compliance? Recently lost a decent sized job (after we'd been awarded it actually) because the client's lawyers said we HAD to have this, even though it wasn't sensitive date or anything that seemed that protected.

I'm going to ask around tomorrow, curious if it's standard for printers to have the cert.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Possum

There's a guy on PrintPlanet called Mail Guru. If you belong to that forum, I bet he can help. He's been working in a mail shop for a long time.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Slappy

Seems the job boomeranged back to us, because nobody else knows wtf this is either. We ended up just filling out a 10-12 question survey on internal security practices, how we backup & if our file transfers are secure, etc. All's well that ends well I suppose.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

David

created by CPAs?
QuoteDeveloped by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA), SOC 2 defines criteria for managing customer data based on five "trust service principles"—security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy.

weird
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca