sending pdfs to Konica 1070

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, May 10, 2017, 05:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

If your page does have bleed size the media box to the bleed box instead of the trim box.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Quote from: Joe on May 10, 2017, 11:57:13 AMIf you want to change the page boxes via an action create a new action and then search 'Media box', 'Crop box', 'Bleed box', and 'Trim box'. Good luck figuring out what the options do though. At least I can't make a whole lot of sense out of them. They do not do what I think they should do. But I can usually fumble my way through it.
This will work but yes, it's a bit confusing. I output imposed PDFs from prinergy for some digital jobs and the boxes end up all wonky and it was driving the digital guy nuts. I created an action to make all the boxes the media size in order to fix it. Not sure it will help in his case but I can share it if might.

pdqhashpotbeerfxhd, are you running a Fiery RIP on the Konica? My friend is supposed to be sending me the instructions for creating hot folders in case something was missed on your install. If it is a Fiery I may need a scan of the printed config page so he can see what bug fixes have been installed.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

pspdfppdfxhd

Wow Joe, getting a headache from all this info!  :vomit: But thanks for the effort!

I found a way to change the Konica to recognize the "crop box" as the page size (not the trim box as I would have hoped) so if I use pitstop to change the crop box to the size of the trim box then it works ok.

:drunk3:

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Farabomb on May 10, 2017, 01:06:52 PM
Quote from: Joe on May 10, 2017, 11:57:13 AMIf you want to change the page boxes via an action create a new action and then search 'Media box', 'Crop box', 'Bleed box', and 'Trim box'. Good luck figuring out what the options do though. At least I can't make a whole lot of sense out of them. They do not do what I think they should do. But I can usually fumble my way through it.
This will work but yes, it's a bit confusing. I output imposed PDFs from prinergy for some digital jobs and the boxes end up all wonky and it was driving the digital guy nuts. I created an action to make all the boxes the media size in order to fix it. Not sure it will help in his case but I can share it if might.

pdqhashpotbeerfxhd, are you running a Fiery RIP on the Konica? My friend is supposed to be sending me the instructions for creating hot folders in case something was missed on your install. If it is a Fiery I may need a scan of the printed config page so he can see what bug fixes have been installed.

No rip, just the bare bones controller that does not give a damn about trim and bleed boxes.

Joe

Here is an action list that will change the crop box to the trim box. Just unzip and import the .eal into your action list panel. It was made with Pitstop 2017 so it may warn you about that when you import it but I think it should work OK.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on May 10, 2017, 03:37:32 PMHere is an action list that will change the crop box to the trim box. Just unzip and import the .eal into your action list panel. It was made with Pitstop 2017 so it may warn you about that when you import it but I think it should work OK.

Thanks, but changing the crop box to the trim box takes out the bleeds, this method will work only for pdfs with marks and no bleeds.

So we'll have to deal with it upstream before the file gets to the printer.

Funny, been doing this job for about 17 years and finally understand the "box" concept in pdfs. Guess this is the first time I really HAD to figure it out.

3 cheers for Joe again!

Cheers! :drunk3: Cheers! :drunk3: Cheers! :drunk3:

pspdfppdfxhd

I told them to get the rip damnit. :git off mah lawn:

Joe

That is why I said earlier you need to crop to the bleed box if your page has bleed.

Attached are two actions. One changes media and crop box to trim box. One changes media and crop box to bleed box.

pspdfppdfxhd

But then we're still going to lose the crop marks, unless the printer can put them on....I think it can but it might end up putting them on the bleed box, not the trim box.

I'll try these actions and do some experimentation....

If nothing else this has been a good learning experience.

Joe

Well if you want the crop marks why don't you just use the setting in the Konica for the crop box? I guess I'm not understanding this totally...how are you imposing?

pspdfppdfxhd

No time to think about this now, being sucked into the vortex of crazy busy.

We'll just have to wing it as usual.