Networking issue

Started by andyfest, December 02, 2022, 11:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: andyfest on December 04, 2022, 02:16:27 PM
Quote from: Joe on December 03, 2022, 07:01:01 PMIt did for me but it won't help if it is a hardware issue. If you are using any 32-bit software on Mojave it won't work on Catalina so beware of that before upgrading it.

Also you should always use hosts files on a Mac no matter what OS you are running.
I don't think there is any "old" software on that particular box. Right now it's really only being used for some online accounting, but they are thinking of hiring another designer so it needs to be incorporated into the local network and will likely get loaded with some version of Adobe CC for Illy and PShop. As far as the host file it's editable in Terminal?
Well you could but it is much easier to copy it to desktop and edit it with Text Edit. It is just a text file. Add all network computers you need to network to it. When done move it back to the /etc folder and let it overwrite the old one.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

andyfest

Quote from: Joe on December 04, 2022, 09:56:39 PM
Quote from: andyfest on December 04, 2022, 02:16:27 PM
Quote from: Joe on December 03, 2022, 07:01:01 PMIt did for me but it won't help if it is a hardware issue. If you are using any 32-bit software on Mojave it won't work on Catalina so beware of that before upgrading it.

Also you should always use hosts files on a Mac no matter what OS you are running.
I don't think there is any "old" software on that particular box. Right now it's really only being used for some online accounting, but they are thinking of hiring another designer so it needs to be incorporated into the local network and will likely get loaded with some version of Adobe CC for Illy and PShop. As far as the host file it's editable in Terminal?
Well you could but it is much easier to copy it to desktop and edit it with Text Edit. It is just a text file. Add all network computers you need to network to it. When done move it back to the /etc folder and let it overwrite the old one.
That worked Joe. You are a genius as always. I owe you a beer, which is the local currency in the small hamlet I live in.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

pspdfppdfxhd

Joe just keeps hitting them out of the park, that's for sure. But I don't think beer is his drug of choice or if he even has one. Maybe chocolate covered pretzels?

born2print

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

DigiCorn

I would have suggested all the same things Joe did, but I haven't logged on in a few days, so I'm glad it all worked out for you. You're Welcome!
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

andyfest

Quote from: born2print on December 05, 2022, 04:20:46 PMThis might work?
If I'm not mistaken, I believe it would have to be gluten free.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

born2print

Ah right you are, I can take the stuffed pie since it's already bought and all though.
Taking a hit for the team.
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...