Indigo 12k interprets some PDFs as head to toe that arent'

Started by (Pre)PressingMyLuck, April 18, 2024, 10:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

They'd be the files generated from a step and repeat in QI+, which ever way fit the most up without any additional rotation applied by prepress. They are using the same queue for almost all of them, so I'd imagine they'd have the honor rotation setting the same on at least the vast majority.

It really sticks out to me that is so divided us. Almost all of mine, almost non of J's. But I can't for the life of me figure out how it happens or what's causing it.

BTW, I did upgrade my computer and Pitstop last week, but that did not change anything either. Was happening before, and at the same rate after.
It only takes one "aw shit" to wipe out a whole bunch of "atta boys".

DigiCorn

So I just want to clarify:

J imposes a file in the QI plugin in Acrobat. J saves it to your server directory. The Digital Press Operator opens his RIP and navigates in the software to J's file and clicks, import, and it's right side up, peachy and smelling like a rose.

You impose the same file the same way in the QI plugin in Acrobat. You save it to your server directory. The Digital Press Operator opens his RIP and navigates in the software to your file and clicks, import, and it's upside down?

Have you seen any demogorgons or made an offering to Vecna?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DCurry

The 3 prepress operators should switch computers for a week and see if the problem follows the operator or stays with the computer. That could point to a software setting somewhere. 
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Nothing involving Vecna, but I've heard reports of sightings of Pinhead in Finishing, but that's been going on forever. Other than that Corn has it down.

Also, I've been told it's much less of a problem on the Indigo 7R. Still happens sometimes, but much much less often. No reports of it happening on the Ricoh or Oce BW machines.

I'm still waiting for him to run the test file I created from a job that went fine for J. We'll find out if he ever did it when he gets in in a bit.

Slappy

Have you sent any of the the files to HP to investigate? In my experience, they're more than thorough & willing to try and find reasons for these weird kinds of instances.

If you like, you could send me imposed PDFs out of each of your workstations, I'll put 'em onto our DFE (15k model so the B2 size is supported) and see what we get too.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

scottrsimons

We have a 7k and 7900 and I know the backup on the machines react differently. I mean one will duplex on the short side and the other on the long side, even if they are using the same settings. Our operators learned about this when we got the second machine. Although we are using all the same templates on both DFEs.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

I don't know if they're contacted HP or not. One of the operators just mentioned it a couple of times in here. I'm not even sure if he's told management and I decided to look into it myself and couldn't find anything in the files. Still haven't heard if he's had to run the test files we created and probably won't do anything until he does. That should tell us if it's the files or the workstations. To the best of my knowledge there's nothing in a PDF that should effect how the DFE duplexes it, and the fact that it's not ALL files off of any one workstation just most is confuddling to me.

Slappy

Yeah, far as I know there's NO embedded info in the PDF that would make this happen. Not even a JYLT contains the backup direction, I don't believe.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Yeah, he says as soon as it imports for the first time he sees it in his preview, so no JYLT should be present yet.