NuArc plate burner bulbs for sale

Started by andyfest, February 04, 2013, 12:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyfest

1 - LY33 NuArc plate burner bulb
1 - KT38 NuArc plate burner bulb
Brand new - still in unopened original boxes. Original cost would have been approx $500CDN each, but if you can use them, pm me with any $ offer.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

t-pat

vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

David

nu arc?
last time I saw one it had the welding rods for lamps...

but, I'm old and close to dying...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

t-pat

Quote from: david on February 04, 2013, 12:33:56 PMnu arc?

I had one of those, it was my favorite piece of equipment in my old shop. Once in a while I had to give it a good kick to get the arc rods to adjust in enough to arc.
vdp donkey

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

andyfest

Quote from: david on February 04, 2013, 12:33:56 PMnu arc?

I remember those. The package came with a warning about "significant long-term lung damage" if you inhaled the fumes. Thank god someone invented the quartz bulbs.

andyfest

Quote from: t-pat on February 04, 2013, 12:20:28 PMcan I stop laughing now?
I know - I'm just trying to clean up the store room and found the spare bulbs. Knowing how much they were originally worth, I couldn't bear the thought of tossing them in the garbage. We still have the 2 flip-top plate burners too, but I'm not going to move those antiques out until I retire. We haven't used any of this stuff since the end of '03.

t-pat

I think they should be upcycled and sold on Etsy as lamps or toasters or something.
vdp donkey

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

Ear

Try the local hydroponic supply. Mercury vapor and High Pressure Sodium are the preferred bulbs for growing the hippity dippity.  :hemp:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Ear

Actually, I bet you could convert one of the old flip tops into a sweet little grow booth. They already have vent fans and everything.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

David

you must have thought about this before....
Livin' la Vida Loca

Ear

David

Hi, I'm from Tejas!
the friendly state!
Livin' la Vida Loca

Ear

Oregon is friendly... and we have the munchies too.