PitStop Pro upgrade program extended

Started by mattbeals, January 21, 2013, 10:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

:laugh:  I wish we could hang out for margaritas sometime.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

anytime, meet you on the patio in an hour
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

mattbeals

It's $998 and that includes the v7, v8, v9, v10 to v11 upgrade -AND- you get a full retail license of v11.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

DigiCorn

Whoa! I thought it was a *discounted* price. And is that for just one license or two?

The last upgrade was only $249. Is $998 for the full version, or an upgrade? We would be going from 10-->11 on two machines (two total licenses needed).
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on January 25, 2013, 02:37:46 PMWhoa! I thought it was a *discounted* price. And is that for just one license or two?

The last upgrade was only $249. Is $998 for the full version, or an upgrade? We would be going from 10-->11 on two machines (two total licenses needed).

If I understood that correctly you get to upgrade one license and then receive the second full license with it. So you basically go from one license to two. I think.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on January 25, 2013, 02:45:07 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on January 25, 2013, 02:37:46 PMWhoa! I thought it was a *discounted* price. And is that for just one license or two?

If I understood that correctly you get to upgrade one license and then receive the second full license with it. So you basically go from one license to two. I think.
I already have two licenses. But if the regular upgrade price is $249, I'm better off buying two upgrades instead of this special deal.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

mattbeals

Well the special deal gets older versions of PitStop that are outside of the normal upgrade path to the current version. Which means if you are a v7 or v8 user you have to buy a full retail license at $700. If you are v9 or v10 user then it doesn't make a lot of sense. But if you are a v7 or v8 user then it does. If you are older than v6 then there is nothing that can be done other than to buy a new full retail license.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

t-pat

vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

mattbeals

Site licenses are different. How large is your site license, which version do you have, do you PitStop Workgroup Manager or License Manager? Volume license upgrades are easy. Just need the version and the key.
Matt Beals

t-pat

we already have it, they're pretty good about updating stuff even when it costs money. Considering we'd be screwed without pitstop, a wise choice.

vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Slappy

Anybody know if this offer is still valid? Now they're talking about upgrading, adding another license to the Mac workstations. When I specifically brought this up a month ago... :banghead:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian