Need quark file downsaved to version 8

Started by tuff_gong, November 12, 2012, 03:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

orka81

Life turns on the head of a dime, yet somehow we muddle through

gnubler

I don't know you, but you rule! Thanks.

Beers all around!

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

orka81

I've been around for a while, just don't post much as much as I should. A few of those ought to loosen me up a bit, though. Got any Jever or Kölsch (both German) in there?

Sadly, we have to keep up-to-date on the Quark versions, so we've got them all. I do keep them totally segregated on my dock from the more worthy apps.
Life turns on the head of a dime, yet somehow we muddle through

gnubler

We're not upgrading from 7. I would probably vomit if my shop had to shell out the money just to accommodate the 2 quark files we get per year.

As soon as I heard we were getting quark files from a "designer" I knew it would slow down production, and I was right. Not only was he incapable of supplying good PDFs, but he hand-crafted the "collect for output" files so there were missing fonts, no bleeds, and an envelope randomly placed on an 8.5x11 page.

It took me twice as long to correct the files as it would have in Indy and quark crashed every time I tried to export to PDF, so I had to print to ps instead. Am I totally missing where you can change the proxy point for moving/resizing elements? Everything is based on x/y being 0/0 and then I have to move things manually.

DIE quark DIE.

born2print

I told the boss and IT guy not to upgrade Quark anymore (we have 8)
We'll see how that goes.
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Farabomb

I'm happy I got greenlighted to get CS6.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

t-pat

Quote from: born2print on December 18, 2012, 12:14:52 PMI told the boss and IT guy not to upgrade Quark anymore (we have 8)
We'll see how that goes.

The IT guy/outgoing prepress manager said the same. We're not giving them any more money. We've dealt with asking for v.8 or pdfs just fine.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

born2print

My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

David

I have Q9, but it doesn't launch...

not sure if it's just me or the app is just jacked...

could be me
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

David

yep, once again, you're right...

don't tell nobody      :ninja:
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

I got a file today from a "david mayberry".  :ninja:  COINCIDENCE?

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: david on December 18, 2012, 03:05:36 PMyep, once again, you're right...

don't tell nobody      :ninja:

Don't tell father.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

Quote from: gnubler on December 18, 2012, 03:14:57 PMI got a file today from a "david mayberry".  :ninja:  COINCIDENCE?

I didn't do it...

I was at home, sleeping, yeah, sleeping, that's the ticket.
Livin' la Vida Loca