CS5 Step and Repeat

Started by PR Treefrog, May 24, 2011, 06:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR Treefrog

You guys are always gods, so thought I'd come here first...

Is there any way to change the way CS5 Steps and Repeats? ie. not holding on to the original item. Because when imposing business cards it gets quite painful to step 55, then 5, then 55...  :angry:

Thanks for your help as always

frailer

Been spoiled all along here with imposition apps. Not sure that 'Dynastrip' and 'been spoiled' should be in the same sentence, but....  :laugh:

This caught my eye though, and I remember seeing it at an Indy Users Group recently; but a flash before the eyes only. (from Adobe forums...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I entered value for vertical offset, keeping horizontal offset value zero. Step repeat was vertical.
Entered value for horizontal offset, keeping vertical offset value zero. Step repeat was horizontal.
Entered values for both vertical and horizontal offsest. The step repeat worked fine in both directions.
Not seeing a problem where the value entered is for vertical offset and shift happened horizontally.
However, please also note that CS5 now has a shortcut to do this, simply by the arrow keys:
Alt+click and drag out the object and before mouseup use the "up" or "right" arrow keys to do vertical/horizontal step-repeat any number of times, on the fly. It seems the changes to UI are intentional to synchronize with this grid formation feature.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.