Xante Enpress

Started by Tracy, February 26, 2021, 11:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

so we do these crazy files on the Xante
36x11 150 to 200 pages or more. He prints one side at a time
some of the pages are very detailed illustrator files, those hang up the printer
I make 600 dpi images out of those pages which helps but we want it to go faster
we are getting more bigger books!  :laugh: yay!

I tried everything, .jpg instead of .tif,  X1A, Print as image
when I do .jpg it's faster but there is white lines where it skips imaging.

our last resort is getting the driver to print directly to the Xante, bypassing the iQue
does anyone know why this would work? tech said this might work.
I don't think this will work on 36x11, I think more control is needed.

If anyone has a solution that would be great

born2print

Have you tried rasterize selection in Pitstop (if you have a late enough version, which I don't) you can rasterize the offending graphics or pages right in your pdf...
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Tracy

hmm, I will try it.
Thanks!

born2print

Thank abc!  :cool: :cool: :cool:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Joe

The Pitstop action to "remove irrelevant objects" sometimes works wonders. Gets rid of all the garbage that designers love to cover up with a white box instead of deleting it. Also might try running the action "Crop Invisible Parts of Images". I would also experiment with the action "Find Complex Pages (over 5,000 Nodes) and Rasterize but keep text".
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

one of those files anything you click on is a spinning pinwheel (or beachball)

you want to know what worked? bitmapping the image it is K only
totally slapping my forehead right now!

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on February 26, 2021, 12:08:51 PM
one of those files anything you click on is a spinning pinwheel (or beachball)

you want to know what worked? bitmapping the image it is K only
totally slapping my forehead right now!

You mean the actions I posted about? Patience young whippersnapper. It takes a while to process on complex pages. You may want to start it before you go to lunch.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

ah yes find complex pages! that will actually help me find the pages before going to Xante
I will try it on the next book, but worst case I got the 600 dpi bitmap!

DigiCorn

On a Xante, rasterize. If you go vector, and the file is complex, it will not always process/print all raster pieces.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

these books are all Black so bitmapping those problem pages is going to work

DigiCorn

Bitmapping at 600 will probably still get complaints from the customer. I never bitmap unless I can go at least 1200/133 but I try to go 2400/175, and even then under a loupe you can see harsh edges.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

These came out beautifully at 600 I would do 1200 if I had to