Wireless internet options

Started by gnubler, November 29, 2011, 04:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

The metro of Portland has pretty much blanketed the city with free wifi. Not the case here. The city does have free hotspots but I'm just not super inclined to sit on a ghetto bus bench to check my email. :laugh:

Library time, I guess.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on November 30, 2011, 10:56:50 AMThe metro of Portland has pretty much blanketed the city with free wifi. Not the case here. The city does have free hotspots but I'm just not super inclined to sit on a ghetto bus bench to check my email. :laugh:

Library time, I guess.

You could move to Portland. And go see Earendil on weekends. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Ya, we used to live only a couple hours apart. Dangerous things could happen if I returned.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Ear

:shocked: :ninja: Like a road trip to Sacramento?  :whip:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

G_Town

Quote from: gnubler on November 30, 2011, 10:54:32 AMWhy, finding weird pron on your system?

Obviously you didn't put it there...

mysterious itune purchases web sites popping up like the comp is being remote controlled, course this is my wife telling me about the web sites so I'm a bit dubious just a bunch of weird stuff lately.

David

Quote from: G_Town on November 30, 2011, 11:43:21 AM
Quote from: gnubler on November 30, 2011, 10:54:32 AMWhy, finding weird pron on your system?

mysterious itune purchases web sites popping up like the comp is being remote controlled, course this is my wife telling me about the web sites so I'm a bit dubious just a bunch of weird stuff lately.

I had nothing to do with it... I swear, I didn't even like those songs...    :ninja:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Ear

hmmmm... teenagers in the house, dude. They are nefarious.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

gnubler

Ear

Quote from: gnubler on November 30, 2011, 11:57:01 AM
Quote from: Earendil on November 30, 2011, 11:41:18 AM:shocked: :ninja: Like a road trip to Sacramento?  :whip:

I'm already packed.

We travel light. Beer, knives, pretzels and jerky.

gnubler

Indeed. A couple other "tools" and we're off.

G_Town

Quote from: Earendil on November 30, 2011, 11:55:29 AM

Normally they would have cracked by now. I guess I take it up a notch tonight. Water boarding after dinner!

David

Quote from: gnubler on November 30, 2011, 12:00:29 PMIndeed. A couple other "tools" and we're off.

tools?    is corn going along for a "ride"?
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Ear

Quote from: G_Town on November 30, 2011, 12:02:52 PM
Quote from: Earendil on November 30, 2011, 11:55:29 AM

Normally they would have cracked by now. I guess I take it up a notch tonight. Water boarding after dinner!

Their reserve grows stronger, exponentially, with age. Ours pulled some crap a while back. There was a major cover up at hand. I ended up getting hold of the laptop they had used and dug through caches and such, all CSI and shit. Using date modified times and what we knew of who was home at which time... busted. Still struggled to come fourth, even with cold, hard evidence presented. Not the only time I have had to go geek on them. Boys cave easier. Girls will take a lie to their death bed. They will take a lengthier, harsher sentence over a plea bargain of reduced sentence for truth. So be it.

David

Livin' la Vida Loca