Wireless Routers

Started by DigiCorn, February 19, 2013, 01:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Youtube the clip of you falling through the ceiling. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Inching ever closer to 1984. And voluntarily, too! :facepalm:

Orwell would be pleased. (or not)
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

With all the issues I had with the seagate FA 3tb with the mac I don't think I'll ever buy seagate for the Macs here again.

Then again shortly I'll never have to get shit for here again unless he wants to pay my IT prices. Yea, you got it cheap before becasue I worked here. Now it's a different ballgame. Feel free to call Geek Squad if you think I'm charging too much.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

JCPenfold

Quote from: DigiCorn on February 20, 2013, 01:47:41 PMThis is a Swann kit. I got a great deal on it. The DVR is network ready and it's all internet viewable through Swann software and apps. My homeowner's insurance rates dropped by about 10% with the cameras and DVR. As soon as I get off work, I'm going up in the attic to run cables.

He deals mostly with IP/ digital systems. Apparently Swann is analog - he said the resolution is really bad and they can be easily hacked and anyone can access them. Which is why I won't let him put any cameras in our house, I'm paranoid someone will hack it and be watching us. Although I was tempted after we hired the nanny, I wanted to be able to log-in during the day and see what she's doing.

Ear

Quote from: DigiCorn on February 20, 2013, 01:47:41 PMThis is a Swann kit. I got a great deal on it. The DVR is network ready and it's all internet viewable through Swann software and apps. My homeowner's insurance rates dropped by about 10% with the cameras and DVR. As soon as I get off work, I'm going up in the attic to run cables.

Not to be confused with going to the basement to lay cable. :naughty:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

gnubler

Just put a cheap camera in a teddy bear, like this:

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

JCPenfold

I would, but I'm past that point. Just going to fire her...

gnubler

Just hire a Mexican. They love children.

Farabomb

I love children but I can't eat a whole one.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Swann went in with no issues. I ws surprised the cameras were in color - I figured they were black and white. I think they also have IR, which is a pleasant surprise. I can view it on my phone on my local network, but I haven't yet figured out the port for access outside my home network.

The Seagate issue was in fact a sleep setting. I disabled it, and it works fine. Seagate support sucks donkey dick, though, and their website is about a year behind. Tell me again why I need to create a log in and wait for someone to respond so I can download a piece of crucial software for my hard drive?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Hey Joe, do you know if it's possible to install media server software on to a NAS or external network USB? I have spent hours researching it, but nothing I find works for me.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

some of them come with Twonky (cheezy DLNA server). Not sure if you can "install" it on a nas without it
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

DigiCorn

I have been playing with the external USB on Twonky. That's a good name for it. It sucks. For what I want to do with it, DLNA won't work.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

I'd think that anything that does any serious transcoding would be pretty shitty with the onboard processing power found in most NAS.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait