Nexus maintanence

Started by G_Town, December 11, 2008, 12:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

Do you do anything on a regular basis, defrag or the like we have 2 identical machines and from time to time one will slow wayyyyyy down not sure if I should be doing anything to them.

Joe

I go in and clean out the RIP-Data and jobs folder every now and then. Also keep with the security updates from MS. That's about it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

whoami

when the count of the jobs is getting up there 6000 + i like to reset the Nexus box.  Here's what I do.

Delete folowing Folders:

Rip Data
Module Resources
Module Logs
Module Logs Backup
Jobs

I make sure to always back up Nexus.env and the usercolours files. 

Make sure to save all your workflows before doing any of this.  I also save out a copy of our modules.

G_Town

Quote from: whoami on December 11, 2008, 02:25:02 PMwhen the count of the jobs is getting up there 6000 + i like to reset the Nexus box.  Here's what I do.

Delete folowing Folders:

Rip Data
Module Resources
Module Logs
Module Logs Backup
Jobs

I make sure to always back up Nexus.env and the usercolours files. 

Make sure to save all your workflows before doing any of this.  I also save out a copy of our modules.

Thanks

Since you mentioned usercolours files we also get (and it pops up on either box from time to time) and issue where a job will stop at merging OPPO files on certains spot colors and you have to go in and define a color in the OPPO module (just put any old tint in there) then release it and it finishes. This will happen on jobs that are reruns that have been thru the boxes many times.

I have tried to swap usercolour files from a box the wasn't doing it and it doesn't help. Usually it just starts happening and just as mysteriously stops :huh: