Prinergy 8.1 instalation problem

Started by joaodaffonsojr, October 09, 2019, 11:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joaodaffonsojr

Hi guys !

Well our server (Dell T620) had a problem with the iDRAC and we had to replace the motheboard,
so we have to reinstall the prinergy from scratch.
Version that we use is 8.1
During the instalation things go on fine.
But after when reboot and try to config or start the sytem this error apear ...

looks like oracle database is not configured correct ...
but as all older version we don't have to do any config for it ...

the error log loks like this ...

Connecting to port 49998 on PRINERGY...
Connection failed.  The server may not be running.
Attempting reconnection to port 49998 on PRINERGY. Disconnect (Ctrl+Q) to cancel.
   Socket connected
The Araxi System Log Server is starting Wed Oct 09 11:27:22 2019.
New log file C:\Prinergy\CreoAraxi\system\log\Araxi001.log started 09Oct19 11:27:22.978-PDT (local time = UTC -0700) on PRINERGY for Araxi Customer
d 09Oct19 11:27:24.850-PDT [4416.656] PRINERGY ARAXI WaitForOracle WaitForOracle.cmd(159): updateTnsNamesOra: TnsNames.ora remains unchanged.
d 09Oct19 11:27:28.953-PDT [3896.4700] PRINERGY ARAXI checknetworkconfig checknetworkconfig.cmd(195): DetermineIniFile: inifile: C:\Prinergy\CreoAraxi\bin\checknetworkconfig.ini
i 09Oct19 11:27:29.016-PDT [3896.4700] PRINERGY ARAXI checknetworkconfig checknetworkconfig.cmd(1417): CheckRunOnceNeedsToRun: CheckNetworkConfig: Checking RunOnce directory.
i 09Oct19 11:27:29.016-PDT [3896.4700] PRINERGY ARAXI checknetworkconfig checknetworkconfig.cmd(1422): CheckRunOnceNeedsToRun: CheckNetworkConfig: Araxihome = C:\Prinergy
i 09Oct19 11:27:29.016-PDT [3896.4700] PRINERGY ARAXI checknetworkconfig checknetworkconfig.cmd(1427): CheckRunOnceNeedsToRun: CheckNetworkConfig: RunOnce directory = C:\Prinergy\CreoAraxi\Setup\RunOnce.
i 09Oct19 11:27:29.078-PDT [4664.1128] PRINERGY ARAXI StartupCheck StartupCheck.cmd(122): CheckFloatingLicenseManager: Checking if the Prinergy Floating License Manager service is running...
i 09Oct19 11:27:29.140-PDT [4664.1128] PRINERGY ARAXI StartupCheck StartupCheck.cmd(128): CheckFloatingLicenseManager: Prinergy Floating License Manager service is already running.
i 09Oct19 11:27:29.515-PDT [2596.4184] PRINERGY ARAXI PChangeJobShare.main APPL_Application.cpp(243): The Database Cleanup is starting.
E 09Oct19 11:27:29.624-PDT [2596.4184] PRINERGY ARAXI PChangeJobShare.main iDBIF_ThrowDBException.cpp(77): A database-related error occurred; [SERVERERROR] ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
rw err = 5; db err #1 = 12514; db err #2 = 0
W 09Oct19 11:27:29.624-PDT [2596.4184] PRINERGY ARAXI PChangeJobShare.main DBIF_DBConnection.cpp(306): Failed to acquire database connection.  Retry in 2000ms.
code = 1004050
developer-speak message = '[SERVERERROR] ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
rw err = 5; db err #1 = 12514; db err #2 = 0'
source file = Cannot Determine File Context
localized message = '( code = 1004050 )'
E 09Oct19 11:27:31.683-PDT [2596.4184] PRINERGY ARAXI PChangeJobShare.main iDBIF_ThrowDBException.cpp(77): A database-related error occurred; [SERVERERROR] ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
W
W 09Oct19 11:27:31.683-PDT [2596.4184] PRINERGY ARAXI PChangeJobShare.main DBIF_DBConnection.cpp(306): Failed to acquire database connection.  Retry in 2000ms.
code = 1004050
developer-speak message = '[SERVERERROR] ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
rw err = 5; db err #1 = 12514; db err #2 = 0'
source file = Cannot Determine File Context
localized message = '( code = 1004050 )'
E 09Oct19 11:27:33.742-PDT [2596.4184] PRINERGY ARAXI PChangeJobShare.main iDBIF_ThrowDBException.cpp(77): A database-related error occurred; [SERVERERROR] ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
W

Joe

I had that error or something very similar after we created a new RAID setup on our Prinergy server a few months ago. I had to get Kodak to fix it because I have no idea what I'm doing with anything Oracle. The tech explained to me though it was because of the database files not syncing correctly between the Oracle files on the Jobs drive and those that are on the C: drive on the Prinergy server. I think it was a date mismatch on the files. It only took him about 5 minutes to fix it though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

joaodaffonsojr

thanks for your reply Joe.

Thing is that here in Brazil is very difficult to get kodak support.

But anyway I'l ltry them and also some things with oracle too.

thanks again !

scottrsimons

First I don't know how to fix Oracle issues, but I know enough troubleshooting to be dangerous.

Good news, is that it appears that your database appears to be intact or at least Prinergy can see it, Prinergy just can't communicate with it.  I don't think it's a date issue, I believe it is a location issue. And not that you do not have it on the same "J" drive, but a sub level location has changed, and that is what needs to be updated in the database for Prinergy, and why it is a quick fix. A new motherboard would cause this type of issue.

I could be way off too. Just a thought.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

joaodaffonsojr

The strange thing is that everything is new ...
changed for a new motherboard
so we installed a fresh copy of windows 2008 R2 x64 Standard
the drive C was formated
drive D is the old jobs folder, renamed but NOT formated.
my last shot will be backup all old jobs folder as far as we lost our database allready
and reconfigure the RAID drives them install everything again and pray ...

any suggestions are very very welcome !

thanks guys !

Quote from: scottrsimons on October 10, 2019, 06:14:38 AM
First I don't know how to fix Oracle issues, but I know enough troubleshooting to be dangerous.

Good news, is that it appears that your database appears to be intact or at least Prinergy can see it, Prinergy just can't communicate with it.  I don't think it's a date issue, I believe it is a location issue. And not that you do not have it on the same "J" drive, but a sub level location has changed, and that is what needs to be updated in the database for Prinergy, and why it is a quick fix. A new motherboard would cause this type of issue.

Joe

Quote from: scottrsimons on October 10, 2019, 06:14:38 AM

It really isn't a date issue it is just that Oracle files on the J drive are not synced with the Oracle files on the C drive. In my case the file dates and times were not the same on both drives. This was after installed a new RAID drive system and copied all of our jobs from our old tertiary server to the RAID drive including the Oracle files but at the end of it there was a sync issue between the C and J drive. I don't know enough about Oracle to be sure of all of this but the Kodak tech told me the dates and times of the files on both drive were not syncing correctly. And he didn't tell me the exact files or files locations of the unsynced files.

Joe

One other thought. Do you have this folder and this file on your J drive? According to Kodak both are required to be there.

joaodaffonsojr

I´m reinstalling everything right now.

As soon as I finish I tell you.

thanks !

joaodaffonsojr

It has the folder and sub folders ...

but don´t have the file

PgyCfgDriveMark.DoNotDelete

Quote from: Joe on October 10, 2019, 08:44:59 AM
One other thought. Do you have this folder and this file on your J drive? According to Kodak both are required to be there.

Joe

Not sure what it does but if I open mine in textedit it has some server info specific to our server. When I created the new RAID drive I copied everything from the old J drive on the tertiary server and that came with it.

joaodaffonsojr

Well guys finally the Prinergy is working ....

Not sure what specifically was the cause of the error, but with these tips the instalation was successfully!

– The Machine cannot be named PRINERGY or PRIMARY, in my case was named PRINERGY
–  Windows firewall must be OFF
– the password cannot have special characters , my case had "@"
– The IP address must be fixed one not provide by DCHP
– Let the installer create the ARAXI user during the instalation, I created the user before.

hope these hints can help you guys !

scottrsimons

Glad you found out Kodak's magic steps.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Joe

The Windows password can have special characters. Just not the '@' symbol or maybe the '&' symbol if I remember correctly. I ran into the '@' or '&' (can't remember for sure which it was) in the password when I changed the ARAXI account passwords at Kodaks urging. Really brings things to a grinding halt. I know you can use the '#' symbol in the password though.

Yes Windows firewall must be off. I know this because I once enabled it and problems started really soon afterwards. ;D

You can use DHCP as long as you set it in the router DHCP server to always use that IP address when it assigns IP addresses. Though it is probably easier to give your server a static IP address.

Didn't know about the computer name. Good info.

ARAXI user creation...didn't know that either. I wonder if the installer gives it some kind of special permissions that just manually creating an admin account doesn't.