Preps 9 Marks issue

Started by scottrsimons, February 09, 2022, 09:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottrsimons

So I've finally been ordered to update our Prinergy system. Which include Preps. We are on v8 of both. And in reading about the updates to 9, I see an important note about Page Marks and Page Bleed marks being affected after the upgrade. And if you use them, that you may not want to upgrade yet.

My question is, has anyone experienced this issue? Or is this one of those issues that Kodak let's everyone know, just in case, to cover their behind?

Should I really even worry about it?
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Joe

OK we upgraded to Prinergy 9.0.2 before I retired which by default installs Preps 9.0.3. Kodak assured me we could keep using using Preps 9.0.2 (on our Macs but not Windows) and not have any issues. Since that upgrade they have since amended that warning to Preps 9.0.2. Before I left we never had any issues with the moving page marks and as far as I know they still haven't.

That said Kodak has said the issue should be fixed in Prinergy 9.5 and Preps 9.5 which is supposed to be released "early" 2022 which with Kodak could be tomorrow or Dec. 31, 2022. Personally if I were still working and had it to do over again I'd wait on 9.5. We only upgraded before I left so I could show my boss how to do a Prinergy upgrade. Otherwise we would have not upgraded at that time.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

scottrsimons

Thanks Joe. That is kinda my feeling too. I want to wait for 9.5, and hopefully they have it fixed so we don't have to worry about it. And I agree, it could be tomorrow or next year even. :clock:
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson