Safely Moving a Proofer

Started by Slappy, December 31, 2021, 11:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Our shop move is looming, and I'm sure somebody thinks we can just throw our nice Epson proofer in the back of a delivery van & hike it up the road, but I'm guessing that's a horrible idea.

Anybody move one of these things successfully? I'm assuming there's a procedure to lock the printheads down, maybe remove the ink carts - anything else in particular?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

andyfest

That's all we did with our old 10600 & 9800 back in the day. They survived ok.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

johnny_jay

We have moved our Epsons. The head needs locked in place. When new they come with a bracket to do this. We normally keep the bracket and place in the bag with the manual and such just in case.

I don't think we removed the ink.
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

Slappy

Interesting, if this one even had a bracket when they bought it (before I got here) it's long gone. I found a doc on the Epson site about parking the heads and just using some common sense, so I think it'll be ok. Otherwise, I'm getting a new Proofer!!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Tracy

Yay on the new proofer!
I don't think I locked anything down when we moved but we just moved down the street.
interesting watching all the big equipment getting moved, I just love that stuff
biggest forklift I ever saw.

Joe

Starting back in late summer they started moving a GOSS Sunday 4000 press. It is a monster. They never got it up and running while I was still there though. They had to cut a 30 foot hole in the wall to get it in. Also the biggest fork lift I have ever seen moving the giant units in.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

wonderings

I moved our Epson 9900 to my house, all we did was put it in the back of a pickup truck and drove carefully. It went up to my second floor with an L shaped stair case, so some fun angles to get it around. No issues with the printer, did not remove any inks, have never had to do anything beyond the normal head cleaning.