Flattened vs Unflattened re stretching to Bleed

Started by frailer, June 01, 2016, 05:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Those 'broken up' regions... = 'pre-flattened'? I want to stretch (cheat), the image out 1 mm to reach 3mm Bleed. I suspect it's been downsized from a larger proportional size, to the desired smaller Trim size, so it's lost Bleed, proportionally to the rest. I.e. I still need 3mm Bleed, in any size.

I've tweaked this sort of thing before in pp, but someone's done summin upstream. Off to tool with it now, but I'll Copy and flatten at HiRes in Acrobat. I may be mistaken, and it's already flattened.   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

If you were upgraded to Pitstop 13 you could use the new add bleed actions and be done with it. ;D

You would be better off to not flatten too.

And you will also have to change the dimensions of the clipping path(s) to allow the enlarged images to show through.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Hmm... yes, yes, and yes.

Got the Clipping Paths sorted. Just that image(s) stretch/cheat that's the show stopper, cos of the fragmented nature of it.. On 2nd thoughts, even though it's on bulky uncoated/offset, it's only 20pp, so it'll bind OK. Adding Creep Comp's probs overkill, and getting a Creep Value would be an exercise in itself. :rolleyes:

Well, about to get our updated quote which will go to Thems Upstairs. I hope TF that they just nod & smile. Am over the delays and standing still (but sliding backwards).
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

Shoulda thought of it... revisited just prior to plating.

Shift_Select all image frames.
PitStop Pro/Object/Group.
Drag/nudge out to desirerd extra mm or so.

Save As... replace in XMF.

KISS.