News:

Main Menu

Can't see ANY Marks

Started by Slappy, June 27, 2022, 09:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

This is odd, I can't see any marks (Crops, Color bars, Slugs etc.) when I'm editing a template. Even in the Preview Pane while the job is open, can't see any of those marks.
Once the file is done, I can View Plates so it's not a server issue.
Trash local Prefs? Where the heck ARE they??
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Tracy

do you have your marks button unchecked?
it's at the top looks like a target

Slappy

Found the Prefs folder under /Users/name/Library/Application Support/XMFClient/Profiles/RandomLettersFolder

Maybe the prefs.js files?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Slappy

Quote from: Tracy on June 27, 2022, 09:11:26 AMdo you have your marks button unchecked?
it's at the top looks like a target
Nah, everything should be On is On - I checked the Dynamic Marks Preset too & everything is normal.

Tracy

It happened to me once so I thought that was it
took me a bit to figure it out as I always have it on
Hope you find it soon!

scottrsimons

I haven't used XMF, but you can try what I normally do with other apps when they do weird things like this. If the setting is ON like it should, turn it OFF and quit the app. And since you know where the settings file is saved, after you quit the app, check the settings file, and make sure the date and time has changed. So you know it took the change. Open the app back up and test. Change the setting back to ON, assuming it will be set to OFF. Quit the app and check settings again. And than open the app again, and hopefully it will be ok.
If at any point one of the steps didn't take, I would reboot your computer before continuing.
And if it still doesn't work, make a backup of your settings file. And rename your current settings file, and open the app and check the settings. Make a change again and test. And you might have to reset all your settings, as the settings file might have been corrupted. Hope not.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Slappy

Quote from: scottrsimons on June 27, 2022, 10:49:02 AMI haven't used XMF, but you can try what I normally do with other apps when they do weird things like this. If the setting is ON like it should, turn it OFF and quit the app. And since you know where the settings file is saved, after you quit the app, check the settings file, and make sure the date and time has changed. So you know it took the change. Open the app back up and test. Change the setting back to ON, assuming it will be set to OFF. Quit the app and check settings again. And than open the app again, and hopefully it will be ok.
If at any point one of the steps didn't take, I would reboot your computer before continuing.
And if it still doesn't work, make a backup of your settings file. And rename your current settings file, and open the app and check the settings. Make a change again and test. And you might have to reset all your settings, as the settings file might have been corrupted. Hope not.

Toggling the Marks On/Off doesn't change anything. I trashed the "prefs.js" file & restarted XMF Client - no change.
There's no single "Settings" file that I can see, I think I'll nuke the whole app & reinstall from the server-only way to be sure right?

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 1.30.41 PM.png

scottrsimons

Nuke app and delete all the setting files from orbit is the only way to be sure.

Slappy

That didn't work. The "Installer" from the server location is just the App. I did remove the Prefs Folder for it, running the newly copied App just made a new folder (as I'd expect) in the "/XMFClient" location but still can't see Marks in the client.

I even copied the Profile folder in its' entirety from another User whose machine isn't exhibiting this behavior. Nope, it's gotta be something specific to my Mac. We even have the same OS.

Guess a deep Onyx run, when I get a chance.

Tracy

long shot, did you try creating a new template to see what happens
actually try creating a layout without a template and see what happens

DigiCorn

Is it plugged in?

Try turning the computer off, and then back on.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

bornrd

Quote from: DigiCorn on June 29, 2022, 02:14:06 AMIs it plugged in?

Lol.

Also make sure to delete System32 when on Windows
macOS Catalina 10.15.7/Windows 10 - Adobe CC - Fuji XMF 6.13 - Luxel T9000 CTP E - KBA Rapida 105 universal - Heidelberg GTO - Heidelberg Windmill - Heidelberg Cylinder - Heidelberg Speedmaster 52 - Schelter & Giesecke PHOENIX A - Rockstroh VICTORIA - Lenpoligrafmash NEOTYPE N-7F - Konica Minolta C3080 - HP DesignJet ZP6810 - Epson Stylus Pro 4900 - Heidelberg Stahlfolder - Müller-Martini APOLLO - Müller-Martini PRESTO II - PERFECTA Cutting System

I have no idea what the f*ck I'm doing in prepress but here we are

www.ruegen-druck.de | @ruegendruck

––––––––––––––––––––––
They will chop you down just to count your rings

scottrsimons

Quote from: DigiCorn on June 29, 2022, 02:14:06 AMIs it plugged in?

And don't just look at it, to see if it's plugged in. Actually unplug it and plug it back in. I can't tell you the times I've had to do that for people who've said that it was plugged in, when the plug was only just barely sitting there looking like it was plugged in. :cannotlook:

Slappy

Quote from: Tracy on June 28, 2022, 09:31:54 AMlong shot, did you try creating a new template to see what happens
actually try creating a layout without a template and see what happens
Nope, I can see the imported PDF artwork, but when I add color bars - nothing. I can see the placeholder outline just no preview.

fml

Tracy

ugh! you prolly don't have a license like me, you can call for $$
temporarily you can output a pdf of your layout so you can see your marks? crap!