Illustrator CS 5

Started by DigiCorn, March 03, 2022, 10:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

I am using CS 5.1 at home; it's all I got anymore that works. I can't remember how to set file preferences so that it goes to the most recently browsed folder. I have 74 signature tif scans I need to place on to vector art for a T-shirt, and it sucks.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

bornrd

Quote from: DigiCorn on March 03, 2022, 10:33:03 PMI am using CS 5.1 at home; it's all I got anymore that works. I can't remember how to set file preferences so that it goes to the most recently browsed folder. I have 74 signature tif scans I need to place on to vector art for a T-shirt, and it sucks.
I usually just drag & drop from finder / explorer... not an option?
macOS Catalina 10.15.7/Windows 10 - Adobe CC - Fuji XMF 6.13 - Luxel T9000 CTP E - KBA Rapida 105 universal - Heidelberg GTO - Heidelberg Windmill - Heidelberg Cylinder - Heidelberg Speedmaster 52 - Schelter & Giesecke PHOENIX A - Rockstroh VICTORIA - Lenpoligrafmash NEOTYPE N-7F - Konica Minolta C3080 - HP DesignJet ZP6810 - Epson Stylus Pro 4900 - Heidelberg Stahlfolder - Müller-Martini APOLLO - Müller-Martini PRESTO II - PERFECTA Cutting System

I have no idea what the f*ck I'm doing in prepress but here we are

www.ruegen-druck.de | @ruegendruck

––––––––––––––––––––––
They will chop you down just to count your rings

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on March 03, 2022, 10:33:03 PMI am using CS 5.1 at home; it's all I got anymore that works. I can't remember how to set file preferences so that it goes to the most recently browsed folder. I have 74 signature tif scans I need to place on to vector art for a T-shirt, and it sucks.
Not sure about Illustrator but the Mac OS File Open Dialog usually lists your most recent folders in the menu that shows where you are currently at:

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 8.04.19 AM.png

When you click it you should see a list of your recent folders:

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 8.04.24 AM.png

If that doesn't work for you there is a great utility called Default Folder X for $34.95. Also it has a free 30 day trial.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

Default Folder X is worth its weight in gold!
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

madbugger

Just thinking out loud

Adobe allows you to have 2 computers activated  for each licence. Supposedly it is a desktop and a laptop and you can only use 1 computer at a time.

I can confirm that it will activate on 2 desktops.

If you are only using the home computer after hours .  .  .  . (fill in the blanks) 😁😁😁

You now have access to the latest version of CC
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.
— Madbugger

Some people say you gotta die some day, I got news, you never gotta go
— Ted Nugent