Mac Mini-Intel
1 (10%)
iMac 27" i5
1 (10%)
Mac Studio-Base Model
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

David

thinking about one of these, might need a new monitor to go with...

LOL
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: David on June 06, 2022, 10:25:10 AMthinking about one of these, might need a new monitor to go with...

LOL
Definitely need the Pro Display XDR ($4,999.00 to $5,999.00) to go with that beast.

...and a quantum mouse!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Foozball

I have NO IDEA what that picture is ... looks like some kind of Holy Grail, cue Indiana Jones ...

Joe

David

saw it on TV the other day, thought it would be perfect for editing all those pdf files in Illustrator with 2 pixel images placed.

:afro:

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

Looks like a chandelier you see on cruise ships
they sway with the ship

scottrsimons

Reminds me of the 2020 show 'Devs' quantum computer, even though that was just a prop. Cool show though.

"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Foozball

So would the cards all bounce faster with that computer, when I beat solitaire??

Joe

Yes...plus you can watch a 2 hour movie in 17 seconds.

Foozball

New MAC got here on Friday ... apparently when I pointed out our BEST operators all had a Mac, then  talked about and a sizable budget saving we've been tracking for the past 1.5 years ... someone was listening!

Are Thunderbolt 4 ports much (any?) different from USB 3?
I need a dock for my headset, cat6 cable, 2nd screen, etc ... they're pretty expensive, and massive overkill for the mundane things I'm plugging in to it. Also thinking about just getting a conversion cable to step down and use the old Hub.

For those who may want to say go with the new thing/s ... I have a reputation for stability, I plug my shit IN (old school), and it works so well, I'm not going to mess with it!! ;)

Tracy

I need a new Mac soon, starting to see some glitchies

Joe

I need want a new Mac. Hard to justify without a job though.

madbugger

We needed new Macs about 4 yrs ago, currently have 27" late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 with 32 gb of ram.

The solution 12 months ago was to upgrade ram from 8 to 32 Gb, didn't notice a difference.

Currently they are very seriously looking at replacing with PC's in 2025, that might be my cue to retire
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.
— Madbugger

Some people say you gotta die some day, I got news, you never gotta go
— Ted Nugent

Joe

Quote from: madbugger on September 13, 2022, 03:49:43 PMWe needed new Macs about 4 yrs ago, currently have 27" late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 with 32 gb or ram.

The solution 12 months ago was to upgrade ram from 8 to 32 Gb, didn't notice a difference.

Currently they are very seriously looking at replacing with PC's in 2025, that might be my cue to retire
Valid reason!

Tracy