News:

Main Menu

New iMac bug

Started by kermit, September 14, 2007, 06:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kermit

Do you own new iMacs? The silver version?

Can you change the brightness using F1 and F2? (new keyboard). I can. Now, shut down your iMac, hook up second monitor using optional adapter if you have one. Restart and try to adjust brightness.

It doesn't work if you have menu bar on the other monitor as I do.

I found out when I tried to calibrate iMac to see if I can use it for color work.
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

pmhapp

How could you calibrate an Aluminum iMac to work for color work?

We returned ours, not because of the Brightness, but because of the gloss.

If you look at the same image across the length of the monitor, the color shifts.  It's the angle that you look at, or the reflection, not the brightness that was the problem.

kermit

Quote from: pmhapp on September 28, 2007, 09:39:01 PMHow could you calibrate an Aluminum iMac to work for color work?

If you look at the same image across the length of the monitor, the color shifts.  It's the angle that you look at, or the reflection, not the brightness that was the problem.
I am using iMac for color work.

Let me tell you how...

I bought 20" iMac and $19 monitor adapter plus 24" Dell 2407WFP-HC which I am using as my primary monitor and iMac only for tools and for checking hair and if I shaved clean. I color profiled both monitors using ColorEyesDisplay Pro with dtp-94. I also upgraded RAM to 4GB for $195 from www. macsales.com and installed only the CS3 suite and Quark 7.3

It's a screamer...
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

Chilbear

Kermit:

If you color cal'd the photo of the French lady then your monitor is bang on.

kermit

Quote from: Chilbear on October 03, 2007, 09:45:08 AMKermit:

If you color cal'd the photo of the French lady then your monitor is bang on.
It's a PLEASURE to work... now

pmhapp

Quote from: kermit on October 03, 2007, 06:12:15 AM
Quote from: pmhapp on September 28, 2007, 09:39:01 PMHow could you calibrate an Aluminum iMac to work for color work?

I am using iMac for color work.

Let me tell you how...

I bought 20" iMac and $19 monitor adapter plus 24" Dell 2407WFP-HC which I am using as my primary monitor and iMac only for tools and for checking hair and if I shaved clean. I color profiled both monitors using ColorEyesDisplay Pro with dtp-94. I also upgraded RAM to 4GB for $195 from www. macsales.com and installed only the CS3 suite and Quark 7.3

It's a screamer...
Okay, Gotcha

kermit

BTW. Yes, you can calibrate just silver iMac for color work with decent software like ColorEyes Display pro or Basicolor but it's hard to work because the glare. With ColorEyes Display Pro  you have option to actually profile one monitor and then match the second monitor to the first one.