born2print

Anyone go to 10.4.10 yet?
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

jezza

gonna jump at the weekend (at home)
one sick prepress mofo

doubting_thomas

Ya, I've been running it for a couple of months. I haven't yet updated to Quicktime 7.2. I've heard that it
messes with Rosetta on Intel Macs. I'm hoping to hear from someone that I trust that it's no longer
an issue, but that hasn't happened yet. No issues that I can see with 10.4.10

Joe

Yes, I've been running it for awhile. Also updated to Quicktime 7.2. Haven't seen any issues there either.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

kermit

Quote from: born2print on September 27, 2007, 09:28:26 AMAnyone go to 10.4.10 yet?
YES. no problems at all even I heard that some people had issues with external USB storage (flash drives) etc. All my ext USB HDs and flash drives (8 of them, from 512MB to 4GB) work great.
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

MonkeyBoy

Fully updated here and no more problems than normal.

born2print

Ear

Yep, went there a couple weeks ago here and been there for a while at home. The dual core at home likes it but I see a slowdown on the work machine. Maybe that's because I don't push it as hard at home or it might be because I have an older machine here at work. My work station is a dual 2 G5 with 3.5 gigs of ram. The other thing I noticed is that Tiger works my video card harder. I have an ATI Raedon Extreme 256 video card and I hear the little fan kick on a lot more since the upgrade. I wasn't at tiger before, I jumped from 10.3.9 right up to 10.4.10. There are some improvements, but speed isn't one of them. It might be a different story on an ICBM.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

David

been there done it, taste great, less filling...

have you done the quark 7.3 update yet??

scarier than the 10.4.10 update imo
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

born2print

Gutnbg

OSX 10.4.10 is A-OK
Still on QXP 7.0 ... never trust those "upgrades."

Sometimes they got a lot of nerve to call 'em upgrades.
Too weeks ago i cuddent even spel PRINTOR an now i are one

jezza

more like up grenade eh?  :D
one sick prepress mofo

beermonster

yeah i'm on osx 10.4.10 - no problems

and

quack 7.3 - a rather large download but few issues after the activation code shuffle dance lead me down a long and windy path
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

born2print

Beermonster the Brave!
hoooooahh

kermit

Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses