Errant Object in Preview

Started by Slappy, September 08, 2023, 02:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Interesting - thanks!

A LOT more work than I'd ever perform, particularly when it didn't even appear on the final piece but at least we can try & tell the customer what NOT to do. I'm sure they'll appreciate the insight.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Skryber

Tell them 3 positives made a negative.

I was thinking it was the same problem I have but its not. This is mine...
I create a filled box, throw outlined type on top of it and do a minus front.
See those shapes it added? You cannot select them, they aren't there. I've tried expanding, dividing instead of a minus front, dividing all of it out of a bigger box. You know what gets rid of it? View using CPU.  :faint:

Screenshot-2023-09-12-at-11-28-11-AM" border="0
Screenshot-2023-09-12-at-11-28-27-AM" border="0
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

scottrsimons

Wondering if this is an Adobe issue with Illy or Indy and not Acrobat or Preview. Do the newer versions cause the issue where the older versions do not. Or is it a Intel vs M processor handling issue. Too many new hardware and software changes now that could be doing it. At least that is the way it seems to me. I have 2019 iMac with Illy 2021 still and mine outlines and minuses front just fine.

Maybe it's just time to get out of print. Walmart here I come. Wait, I've been in print, I already don't like people. Nevermind, I'm going to dig ditches.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Tracy

Diggin ditches sounds good to me!

Digging Ditch Supervisor: Just dig, stop trying to fix it, just dig  ;D

DigiCorn

Make them sign off on a physical proof and not a pdf.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Slappy

Quote from: DigiCorn on September 12, 2023, 11:18:42 PMMake them sign off on a physical proof and not a pdf.
They did, we ran an Epson & shocker - NO errant object!!  :o
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

whamboozeled

We get problems like this when customers are opening the pdf in a browser instead of acrobat.
If we can't convince them that it won't print that way we convert to an image and re send and it magically fixed it.