News:

Main Menu

Acrobat 9 is out

Started by almaink, June 25, 2008, 08:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Welcome to b4print Leonard.
I have always respected your views and enjoy reading all your comments and blogs. Always very informative and enlightening.

thanks and welcome again,
David
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: leonardr on August 07, 2008, 06:06:01 AMWhile I don't see us ever producing an "Acrobat for Print Production" (even if I personally think it's a good idea!) - we are indeed finding that we need to provide more tools to enable users to customize the environment (ala workspaces and such in CS).  Don't know what will be the end result - but it's certainly an ongoing discussion...

Leonard
(and don't worry - I've been doing online forums for 20+ years, you can't scare me ;).

Well that's good to hear...on both accounts. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on August 06, 2008, 07:36:07 PMAgain, Adobe should consider a version of Acrobat for the printing industry and throw out the fluff that we don't want. Heck, I would pay extra to get less sometimes.
Amen brother!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

ratintrap

Quote from: leonardr on August 07, 2008, 06:06:01 AMWhile I don't see us ever producing an "Acrobat for Print Production" (even if I personally think it's a good idea!)

Is this because "print is dead"? Just wondering.

-Rat

Laurens

I don't have Acrobat 9 yet but during a presentation that I attended at drupa, I got the impression that the PDF Portfolio function could be a nice replacement for the ZIP files that now go back and forth between companies. Has anyone already had a go at this?
Having fun writing about prepress & printing for my Prepressure site

Joe

Quote from: Laurens on August 15, 2008, 10:13:48 AMI don't have Acrobat 9 yet but during a presentation that I attended at drupa, I got the impression that the PDF Portfolio function could be a nice replacement for the ZIP files that now go back and forth between companies. Has anyone already had a go at this?

I've seen it in there but haven't used it as I don't send out PDF's. I wonder though if people need the full blown Acrobat to view them?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

almaink

I don't see how it is of use for us. All it does it let you add non-PDF content to a PDF such as flash movies. I email PDF soft proofs now, and can't see how this would be any better.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

leonardr

Quote from: almaink on August 15, 2008, 12:10:01 PMI don't see how it is of use for us. All it does it let you add non-PDF content to a PDF such as flash movies. I email PDF soft proofs now, and can't see how this would be any better.
Do you only mail a single PDF at a time?  If so - then you are correct, it doesn't help you.

However, if you are sending around multiple documents to a single customer (be they PDF or not), then a Portfolio makes a much better solution than Zip, StuffIt, etc.

Leonard

agent_orange

I combine several files at a time and send them. Next time, I'm going to try out your portfolio. I can't wait, it's gonna blow some minds. Half the people I deal with can't even figure out if there is more than one page to a pdf. I get calls all the time asking where the rest of it is. Me: "you see that little blue arrow? click it". Them: "....oh"

ratintrap

I just received my copy of Acrobat 9 today at work.  :aljolson:

I'm sure I'll have some question for you guys. :wink:

-Rat

PrepressCrapFixer

Wow I just got my first portfolio PDF from a client that sent in one file that had 5 different PDF files of correct pages for a book.  Pretty cool stuff and a lot easier than having to open each up and toggle between them to check specs or worse trying to look at 5 tiled files at once.  Nice feature.
macOSX 12.7 Monterey • Prinergy 10 • Adobe Creative Cloud 2022 • Q800 Trendsetter w/ MCU • Epson Sure Color P7000