cropping with accuracy in Acrobat X

Started by andyfest, June 05, 2014, 01:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyfest

Is there any way of accurately cropping a pdf in Acrobat 10? I want to crop the page to a 1/8 in perimeter bleed around a dieline and can't seem to find a way of doing it accurately.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Farabomb

Drop it into indy and place it where you want.  :grin:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

COMMAND+OPTION+T should bring up the dialog where you can enter the exact numbers you want.

Oops...that key combo doesn't work any longer I guess. Under the Tools on the right side select Pages and then click the crop tool. Then double click anywhere on the window and it will bring it up.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

I never crop PDFs - I use Pitstop to change the page boxes to what I want. Of course, if you don't have Pitstop, then crop away!
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

Acrobat X and XI don't actually do a destructive crop. It just changes page boxes.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

andyfest

I ended up deleting all of the s**t outside the dieline perimeter using Acro X and then optimized the pdf thru Nexus, which cropped out all of the surrounding space outside the dieline.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro