Adobe Print Engine doesn't like to work on New Years Eve

Started by Farabomb, December 01, 2009, 02:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Don't know how many have gotten this email yet. Looks like Print engine and I have something in common. Not wanting to work on New Years Eve.  :banghead:

At least they warned me. Anyone running Evo 5.1.6.3? Looks like I'm upgrading.

QuoteAdobe PDF Print Engine will temporarily stop working on December 31, 2009 [ID: 82384]

SYMPTOM
The Adobe PDF Print Engine stops working from midnight Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) to midnight local time (for example, 7 p.m. to midnight Eastern Standard Time, or 4 p.m. to midnight Pacific Standard Time). This problem occurs on:
- Prinergy Connect 4.1.2.5 and earlier
- Prinergy Evo 4.1.6.6 and earlier
- Prinergy Evo 5.0.6.x.

ERROR
The DiagView error message is: W 31Dec08 16:14:35.664-PST [6944.7048] STC1KOD01PGY STC1ARAXI PPrinterJTP MNZA_MonzaRip.cpp(619): Caught comn exception:
code = 1618001
developer-speak message = 'Create SubmitQueueEntry JMF: Exception 26 Error 8, Invalid time (Invalid zone hour).'
source file = MNZA_JMFClient.cpp
line number = 179
localized message = '( code = 1618001 )'

CAUSE 
The method that the PDF Print Engine uses to calculate time zones causes output to fail. 

SOLUTION
Customers who encounter this issue can use the CPSI RIP while the PDF Print Engine is inactive. Or, customers can upgrade to a version of Prinergy where this problem is fixed:
- Prinergy Connect 4.1.2.6
- Prinergy Connect 5.0.3.2
- Prinergy Connect 5.1.2.0 or later
- Prinergy Evo 4.1.6.7
- Prinergy Evo 5.1.6.3
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

I got it but am already on Prinergy Connect 5.0.3.2 so I don't have to worry about it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

yeah, I just got the email, too...

but I'm running Esko

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Was wondering if it was a Kodak only issue. Guess not. Well done Adobe.  :death:

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Farabomb

Even better, Update manager says there is no updates available and typing in 5.1.6.3 into ecentral comes up with jack.  :blowup:

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

oh, it won't affect us, just thought it was funny they would send the email to a non-Prinergy shop...
I do have a couple of Evo boxes, just for tiff feeds to the lotems/trendsetter.

we do use PDF files, tho...

LOL
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on December 01, 2009, 02:40:08 PMEven better, Update manager says there is no updates available and typing in 5.1.6.3 into ecentral comes up with jack. 

Someone from Kodak posted a follow up to the original email. I did find a link at the download area for Prinergy Evo 5.1.6.3 Installer (.exe format) (Scroll all the way to bottom of the page)....(Man, eCentral sucks. The page isn't loading now but the update is on the eCentral download site for that version of Evo.)

QuoteTo clarify the above info:

This issue ONLY occurs on December 31st. The Adobe PDF Print Engine (APPE) will begin working again immediately after midnight local time, i.e. 12:01 AM January 1st.
  • If you're running APPE, you can verify it as follows:
    • For Connect, in the properties of each job in Workshop
    • For Evo, in the Render section of each output Process Template.
Here is the state of each version:

Prinergy Connect 3.0 and 3.1
This issue WILL NOT occur in these versions, since they do not contain the Adobe PDF Print Engine.

Prinergy Connect 4.0
For jobs using theAdobe PDF Print Engine (APPE), this issue WILL occur in ALL versions ofPrinergy Connect 4.0, including 4.0.2.0, 4.0.2.1, 4.0.2.2, 4.0.2.3,4.0.2.4, and 4.0.2.5.

Prinergy Connect 4.1
For jobs using theAdobe PDF Print Engine (APPE), this issue WILL occur in PrinergyConnect 4.1.2.0, 4.1.2.1, 4.1.2.2., 4.1.2.3, 4.1.2.4 and 4.1.2.5.
The issue is fixed in Prinergy Connect 4.1.2.6 and WILL NOT occur in that version.

Prinergy Connect 5.0
For job using the Adobe PDF Print Engine (APPE), this issue WILL occur in Prinergy Connect 5.0.3.0 and 5.0.3.1.
The issue is fixed in Prinergy Connect 5.0.3.2 and WILL NOT occur in that version.

Prinergy Connect 5.1
This issue WILL NOT occur in this version, as it has been fixed in 5.1.2.0 and 5.1.2.1.

Prinergy Evo 2.3, 3.0, 3.1, and 3.2
This issue WILL NOT occur in these versions, since they do not contain the Adobe PDF Print Engine.

Prinergy Evo 4.0
 For jobs using theAdobe PDF Print Engine (APPE), this issue WILL occur in Prinergy Evo4.1.6.0, 4.1.6.1, 4.1.6.2, 4.1.6.3, 4.1.6.4, 4.1.6.5, and 4.1.6.6.
The issue is fixed in Prinergy Evo 4.1.6.7 and WILL NOT occur in that version.

Prinergy Evo 5.0
For jobs using theAdobe PDF Print Engine (APPE), this issue WILL occur in ALL versions ofPrinergy Evo 5.0, including 5.0.6.0 and 5.0.6.1.

Prinergy Evo 5.1
For jobs using the Adobe PDF Print Engine (APPE), this issue WILL occur in Prinergy Evo 5.1.6.0, 5.1.6.1, and 5.1.6.2. The issue is fixed in Prinergy Evo 5.1.6.3 and WILL NOT occur in that version.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

I emailed my kodak contact and seems I don't have the full service contract so it would cost me if I were to upgrade to a working version.  :huh:

Not too happy about that but I'd be even less happy if I were working on new years eve when the engine is going to be down.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job