**RANT** Really not impressed with Kodak right now

Started by JCPenfold, January 07, 2013, 12:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

I know some of you love Kodak, as well you should if it's what works for you. But I have NEVER had a good experience with Kodak products. The only redeeming Kodak product I use right now is Preps, but all previous Kodak products I've worked with do not have a happy ending.

Cue Kodak rep: He walks in through the door. The exchange:

Me: uh... Hi. I think you're barking up the wrong tree. We don't have any Kodak products in this shop
Kodak Rep (KR): I know. I'm here to change that.
Me: Unlikely. I haven't had good experiences with any Kodak product, and the owner here feels the same way, but I'll get him for you.
KR: Can you elaborate on that a little for me?
Me: No. It's too numerous to mention and I don't want to get in to it. It causes me too much stress.
KR: OK. Well a lot of stuff has changed and I want to let you....
Me: (interrupting) I'll go get the owner for you. (I get up and go to the boss' office). There's a Kodak Rep here to see you. (The boss doesn't even make eye contact with me, and shakes his head "no.")
Me: (walking back to KR) He doesn't even want to talk to you. Thanks for coming in!
KR: Well, maybe you could tell him...
Me: (interrupting) No. Thanks. Good day!
KR: Well if I knew the issue here...
Me: (interrupting) I said we're not interested. Thanks. Bye!
KR: You know it doesn't have to be so personal.
Me: It's not personal. I said, "no thank you," and you keep persisting so I think you're coming on strong and I want you to go now.
KR: I'm just going to leave my card in case anything changes.
Me: (trying my best to go about my work and ignore him) It won't.
KR: (leaning over my monitor on my desk)I'm just going to leave this here...
Me: (looking up and making eye contact) Please don't.

He must have finally gotten the message, because that's when he finally left.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

born2print

My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Skryber

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Fontaholic

Reminds me of a time when Da Boss's Wife (aka Miss Management) took a business card from a vendor, turned away from him, and as she was walking back to her office, crumpled up the card and tossed it in a waste basket while he was still at the front counter!

The salesguy looked on in stunned disbelief and said to me and my co-worker, "This must be a fun place to work in!" as he departed, never to be seen from again.

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

gnubler

Quote from: DigiCorn on August 27, 2013, 02:14:27 PM(The boss doesn't even make eye contact with me, and shakes his head "no.")

That was my fave part.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

I'm not saying dude wet himself when I rolled my eyes up at him to tell him not to leave his card, but there were a few drops of something moist by the door. H3O?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Skryber

Quote from: DigiCorn on August 27, 2013, 03:18:21 PMI'm not saying dude wet himself when I rolled my eyes up at him to tell him not to leave his card, but there were a few drops of something moist by the door. H3O?

No wonder he was so persistent. You got him all clingy with your bedroom eyes and sweet nothings. Did you pinch your nipples and lick your lips when you whispered "please don't".
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

t-pat

vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

frailer

Quote from: DigiCorn on August 27, 2013, 03:18:21 PMI'm not saying dude wet himself when I rolled my eyes up at him to tell him not to leave his card, but there were a few drops of something moist by the door. H3O?

Is that because you 'heavied' him.   :laugh:  Well, it's really ²H₂O, but I'll claim poetic licence...   :tongue:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on August 27, 2013, 02:14:27 PMI know some of you love Kodak, as well you should if it's what works for you. But I have NEVER had a good experience with Kodak products. The only redeeming Kodak product I use right now is Preps, but all previous Kodak products I've worked with do not have a happy ending.

Me: uh... Hi. I think you're barking up the wrong tree. We don't have any Kodak products in this shop
Me: Unlikely. I haven't had good experiences with any Kodak product, and the owner here feels the same way, but I'll get him for you.
Me: No. It's too numerous to mention and I don't want to get in to it. It causes me too much stress.
Me: (interrupting) I'll go get the owner for you. (I get up and go to the boss' office). There's a Kodak Rep here to see you. (The boss doesn't even make eye contact with me, and shakes his head "no.")
Me: (walking back to KR) He doesn't even want to talk to you. Thanks for coming in!
Me: It's not personal. I said, "no thank you," and you keep persisting so I think you're coming on strong and I want you to go now.

Wow...Kodak will probably just fold up shop and go out of business now after the licking you gave them. :sarcasm:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on August 27, 2013, 08:59:16 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on August 27, 2013, 02:14:27 PMI know some of you love Kodak, as well you should if it's what works for you. But I have NEVER had a good experience with Kodak products. The only redeeming Kodak product I use right now is Preps, but all previous Kodak products I've worked with do not have a happy ending.

Wow...Kodak will probably just fold up shop and go out of business now after the licking you gave them. :sarcasm:

If they fold within the next 6 months, corn will claim responsibility.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

StudioMonkey

Quote from: frailer on August 27, 2013, 11:52:31 PM
Quote from: Joe on August 27, 2013, 08:59:16 PM

If they fold within the next 6 months, corn will claim responsibility.

and be forever lauded as the ultimate hero of all prepressers
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Wow Corn, (just read this thread)
Great post - wish there would have been video!

No Kodak products here, thank the great magnet.
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david