News:

Main Menu

Word to Pdf

Started by Tracy, March 14, 2023, 09:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodi

I like to use Qoppa PDF Studio Pro for that it works out ok, if they use the regular schmaltz fonts that aren't embedded I then embedd with Callas PDFToolbox.

These are stupid challenges that ignorant customers send us, and they want it cheap and right. LOL. I always maintain that if you want the best price, get the file right make it really print ready. Single pages with bleed no marks, make all black good ole K, at least 225 dpi pics (300 for the discerning "Designers"). Oh make spot colors spot and consistent, but I repeat myself. I spend more time fixing crappy files than I care to think about.

I send brutal (in friendliest terms possible) emails about what we did, what's wrong with the file, then, as if Houdini "Please let us know when the job is approved to print", LOL, it's crazy. I never would let out 95% of the work  that comes to me. I heard an interview with a guy who produced, recorded and engineered orchestras and he said he spends 80% fixing files from people who should know better. I found a l of peace with that!
Gabba Gabba Hey