What's wrong with this pdf?

Started by Tracy, August 21, 2018, 12:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronH

Matt I'm praying for you and the doctors as well.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

David

My thoughts and prayers are going out to you Matt, take care of yourself.

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on August 21, 2018, 06:12:52 PM
Quote from: Grimace on August 21, 2018, 04:30:34 PMThat's some weird shit.
Try this. I converted it to a Word doc from Acrobat, opened doc in Word and saved as a PDF. Opened that conversion in Illy and it then can be seen and edited. Have no idea why.

Slow down. I need to take notes for future use!

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

mattbeals

Thanks all, it means a lot to me.
 :git off mah lawn: Even at 45, I'm an old, ornrey, indomitable, mule who refuses to accept this.

Let me know if I can help!
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

pspdfppdfxhd

Try this. I converted it to a Word doc from Acrobat, opened doc in Word and saved as a PDF. Opened that conversion in Illy and it then can be seen and edited. Have no idea why.

You should copy and paste this green box for a big surprise....

Is this green box related to the green sticky note maybe?

pspdfppdfxhd

pitstop measures the thing at: 13888888888 inches as a square.

That's 219205 miles.

Thats about 9 times around the earth.

WTF  :popcorn:

pspdfppdfxhd

But ONLY after you copy and paste. It's bizzare.

abc

That's understandable. Word has no comprehension of CMYK. NChannel or Device N, so I bet it's RGB after you saved it from Word.
As the original problem in Illustrator was the color space, it can see it now it's RGB.

If you converted the original PDF to RGB with PitStop or Acrobat, I bet Illustrator would work with that as well!

abc

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on August 23, 2018, 08:47:22 AMpitstop measures the thing at: 13888888888 inches as a square.

That's 219205 miles.

Thats about 9 times around the earth.

WTF  :popcorn:

Going to send that to support, that's an interesting one.

pspdfppdfxhd

Had to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming.

Fat Boy Tim

Quote from: abc on August 27, 2018, 06:23:23 AM
.... If you converted the original PDF to RGB with PitStop or Acrobat, I bet Illustrator would work with that as well!
[/quote]

If you save it as PDF X/4 out of Acrobat then it opens fine in Illustrator and the CMYK colour values in the gradient look pretty much the same as the original.

Pssst - Please don't tell Dov Issacs I did this.

Fat Boy Tim

Quote from: mattbeals on August 22, 2018, 10:42:55 PMThanks all, it means a lot to me.
 :git off mah lawn: Even at 45, I'm an old, ornrey, indomitable, mule who refuses to accept this.

Let me know if I can help!

You hang on in there Matt. My father in law beat cancer last year. At one point they gave him 24 hours to live. One year on and he's had the all clear. Sadly, he also has Dementia so he can't always remember that he's cancer free. Life is tough.

DigiCorn

Tracy,
It prints fine out of Illy for me through CWS. Just as a goof, I selected all using the Print Production tool in Acrobat and right-click edited it (which opens the file in Illustrator. It's the same result as when you open the file directly in Illy. The box is there, but all it's properties are gone; it's just a clear, empty box. I recolored it in Illy and clicked save (which translates it back, and "repairs," the pdf). So there's that.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

It prints fine for me too, It was an outside vendor that prolly opened it in illy to print
for some reason. I will be on the lookout next time we print these labels, and try and fix them.
The vendor did reprint them correctly afterwards so I think they know what they did.

mattbeals

Quote from: Fat Boy Tim on August 27, 2018, 11:30:32 AM
Quote from: abc on August 27, 2018, 06:23:23 AM
.... If you converted the original PDF to RGB with PitStop or Acrobat, I bet Illustrator would work with that as well!

If you save it as PDF X/4 out of Acrobat then it opens fine in Illustrator and the CMYK colour values in the gradient look pretty much the same as the original.

Pssst - Please don't tell Dov Issacs I did this.
[/quote]

Convert with perceptual rending intent. If you use and RGB to CMYK device link you can map RGB primaries to CMYK intelligently and apply GCR from TGLC. I have many profiles already created.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.