FlatpanelsHD_heads up

Started by frailer, September 26, 2009, 03:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 17, 2010, 01:29:36 PM
Quote from: david on November 17, 2010, 01:27:31 PMagain?
you always get the best parts!

It's in her will, Dave. Hand scratched in her own blood. I converted some files for her, she "felt" she owed me. Who am I to argue. I like meat.

lucky dog
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

frailer

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on November 17, 2010, 03:36:46 PMHey Frailer, I remember that guy (Professor Julius Sumner Miller.) he used to come on a Canadian show here called the "house of frightenstein". He was a real piece of work that guy....

He was amazing, for the '60s. An inspiration to a lot of Aussie kids, who would go into science and engineering as a result of his whacky enthusiasm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From 1963 to 1986 he was the visiting lecturer for the Physics Department of the University of Sydney [1] and from 1965 to 1985, the US Air Force Academy.

A student of Albert Einstein, he was instantly recognizable by his casual hair and horn-rimmed spectacles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wikipedia link

He also used to do commercials for Cadbury's Dairy Milk Chocolate, here, on TV. In his Massachusetts drawl, he'd espouse the benefits of having a 'glass and a half of full cream milk in every block'.  As kids grew up into adults, they'd still incant that as they cracked a block....   :laugh:

On his science TV show for kids, he'd do a lab experiment, and always ask..."Why is it so!?"    :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

<embed src="http://www.4shared.com/embed/61985564/46bfcb09" width="420" height="320" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

Just skimmed over the review on FlatPanels for the Dell U2312HM eIPS panel. LED.
If you could do a look in every few days on Dell's Outlet, it'd be a damn good buy, home or work.