RBA to Enable Press Side Proofing and Set Color Target

Started by harimaukuatkuat, January 23, 2017, 09:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harimaukuatkuat

Hi, Can RBA helps to activate the job attributes "Enable Press Side Proofing" and set color target in Kodak InSite?
By default, we set FOGRA 39L as our default profiles. When there is difference paper, Press operator will change the profile by themselves.

I want the profile to be set during refining stage. So that we can save Press waiting time.

Thanks in advance.

johnny_jay

Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

harimaukuatkuat

Quote from: johnny_jay on January 25, 2017, 11:46:15 AMAre you using PressProof for this?

Yes. I am running Prinergy 7.5, Matchprint Virtual 7.0.1 and PressProof 7.0.2.

johnny_jay

We use the tiff/folder option with press proof so our workflow is different but we do have it slightly automated. Instead of the press operator opening the job and have the color profile assigned, our press operators open a folder in press proof for each stock, say coated #3 and all active projects are listed by job number for that stock.

They then select the run they are printing and it is color accurate.

If the next job is on a different stock, they need to open job and find the correct stock.

With this workflow, we just export a tiff to a specified folder and press proof renders it correctly, as long as the tiff was placed in the correct folder.

This workflow is in the press proof administration guide. 

The folder for each stock contains a txt file that has the correct icc profile that is set up on the insite server in color target manager.

The automation comes from rules set for final output. To plate a job, instead of just send the plate data, we have a rule that sends plate data, cip data and the press proof tiff.

We have been using this workflow since 2010 and have been quite happy with it and our pressmen do not seem to have too much trouble.

John
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

johnny_jay

I do believe you can have pages automatically assigned a color profile, we do it for a few customers that view color accurate proofs on insite, we have a rule that sets the color profile after refine.

https://screencast.com/t/WajcKWnZm7y

John 
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

harimaukuatkuat

johnny_jay

Glad to be of some help, I hope it all works out for you.

The rule we have to output all is a manual trigger:
https://screencast.com/t/i6Ekn0cF

We have it set to send the plate data last so if you do not receive the data, the operator knows they need to troubleshoot to make sure the other two parts are done as well.
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert