Yours Truly multiple-up impo

Started by DCurry, November 19, 2009, 06:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Anyone using HP's Yours Truly for impo to an HP digital press?

I'm having trouble figuring out something really simple - I have 3 business cards (each is on its own page in the InDesign doc) and I want a 12-up layout (4 of each card).

I can't seem to get it to let me specify the page numbers, so it wants to give me 3 pages, each with 12-up of 1 card.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

DCurry

After a little ore research, it seems that the plugin works differently in ID than in Quark. In Quark I can easily make it do my bidding. Weird.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Slappy

I've got one of the Beta versions for YTD InDesign, I'll take a look Monday if ya like. I do recall they pretty much borked the interface when it was ported to InDy though. Which version are you attempting?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DCurry

I think I figured it out last week. Version is 2.0.i28. Turns out I need to use Nup and then edit the rows and columns to get what I need.

Slappy

Mine's older, like 1.1 something for CS2. I hate it. I'lll usually make up an impo in Quark's YTD, save it out & load it at the Indigo instead. Export PDF from InDesign & use that custom impo on press. Streamlined!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.