News:

Main Menu

Prinect and CIP files

Started by G_Town, July 27, 2010, 11:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

if the names are the same, how are you ending up with it not overwriting the previous file?

sorry, I think I'm confused.     :huh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on July 29, 2010, 10:36:40 AMif the names are the same, how are you ending up with it not overwriting the previous file?

Welcome to the club.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

all right!
a new club!

when do we have meetings and are refreshments served?
Livin' la Vida Loca

G_Town

Quote from: david on July 29, 2010, 10:36:40 AMif the names are the same, how are you ending up with it not overwriting the previous file?

and herein lies my problem.

They show up in the job list one right after another same file name.

David

damn, you must be some kinda magician, or an evil sorcerer, whichever comes first.

so the only difference is the modification date, which is not part of the name?

weird...

It has to be adding some character to the name to keep it from overwriting, maybe an invisible one?
Can you get properties on both and see if there is a difference?
Livin' la Vida Loca

G_Town

Ok to hell with the previous question. My new Prinect question is....When the CIP file is processed it goes into the job name column but not the job number column so when the pressroom goes to call it up all the files have a job number of 1 which means that can't archive the setting and the supers cant print out the ink settings for the run which the customer requires.

We can manually go into Prinect select the job name and copy and paste it into the job number then it shows up fine at press but naturally prefer it populates the job number field automatically.

Ok shoot!

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Quote from: G_Town on September 22, 2010, 09:36:46 AMOk to hell with the previous question. My new Prinect question is....When the CIP file is processed it goes into the job name column but not the job number column so when the pressroom goes to call it up all the files have a job number of 1 which means that can't archive the setting and the supers cant print out the ink settings for the run which the customer requires.

We can manually go into Prinect select the job name and copy and paste it into the job number then it shows up fine at press but naturally prefer it populates the job number field automatically.

Ok shoot!

You're the dude with a gun.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

G_Town

Quote from: Farabomb on September 22, 2010, 09:51:43 AM
Quote from: G_Town on September 22, 2010, 09:36:46 AMOk to hell with the previous question. My new Prinect question is....When the CIP file is processed it goes into the job name column but not the job number column so when the pressroom goes to call it up all the files have a job number of 1 which means that can't archive the setting and the supers cant print out the ink settings for the run which the customer requires.

Ok shoot!

You're the dude with a gun.

and if I don't get an answer soon I'm going to whip it out. :angry:

Do ya feel lucky?

Well do ya PUNK!?!

Farabomb

<Cleavon Little> 'Scuse me while I whip this out. </Cleavon Little>
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

Ok shoot!

We have a CIP application that is responsible for naming and setting the file output path here with our Esko workflow.
Does yours have a naming restriction or some other setting that is causing it to rename it to the name instead of the number?
Ours goes over with the entire file name (job no., underscore, job name, underscore, sig no.) like this 57999_joesprintjob_s3.
Livin' la Vida Loca

G_Town

Quote from: david on September 22, 2010, 11:34:08 AM

Ok shoot!

We have a CIP application that is responsible for naming and setting the file output path here with our Esko workflow.
Does yours have a naming restriction or some other setting that is causing it to rename it to the name instead of the number?
Ours goes over with the entire file name (job no., underscore, job name, underscore, sig no.) like this 57999_joesprintjob_s3.

Nope it lands in the job name area with the correct job number but in order for the pressroom to see it out at the press console you have to manually copy and past it into the job number field.

David

you got some weird chit there, have you spoke with the Kodak people about your config?
Livin' la Vida Loca

G_Town

Kodak? Shouldn't I be talking to the nice folks in der Lederhosen?

gnubler

Ja, was willst Du dann? Ich bin hier...
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david