DigiCorn

Blue iMac
automated plate catcher
1 large guillotiene cutter
2 heidelberg old school scanners
1 agfa scanner

must get rid of all this stuff so we can get rid of our storage facility

all in good working order
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Slappy

"2 heidelberg old school scanners"
Like a Saphir model or huge Nexscan/Topaz ones? Those are still damned nice scanners, and SilverFast actually makes software that works with the newer OS too.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DigiCorn

They're black and white document scanners for a digimaster... probably not what you're looking for.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Quote from: Slappy on December 20, 2010, 11:42:14 AM"2 heidelberg old school scanners"
Like a Saphir model or huge Nexscan/Topaz ones? Those are still damned nice scanners, and SilverFast actually makes software that works with the newer OS too.

Had a nexscan here but I never got good results. The hedi software was as stable as a hooker on methadone at least on that mac. I did try the SilverFast but the scanner left before I really had a chance to play with it.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

tuff_gong

Tell me more about the iMac, please.
"Cops Nab Co-Eds in Pot Orgy"

Slappy

Quote from: Farabomb on December 20, 2010, 11:47:53 AM
Quote from: Slappy on December 20, 2010, 11:42:14 AM"2 heidelberg old school scanners"

Had a nexscan here but I never got good results. The hedi software was as stable as a hooker on methadone at least on that mac. I did try the SilverFast but the scanner left before I really had a chance to play with it.
Really? Ours is great - when it decides it wants to start up correctly. Most days, it won't even do that so it's useless and we revert back to the Scitex 340L. Classy!!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Slappy on December 20, 2010, 01:15:52 PM
Quote from: Farabomb on December 20, 2010, 11:47:53 AM

Really? Ours is great - when it decides it wants to start up correctly. Most days, it won't even do that so it's useless and we revert back to the Scitex 340L. Classy!!

Ahhh, the "squealing boy." I don't miss it.
Member #285 - Civilian

DigiCorn

Quote from: tuff_gong on December 20, 2010, 01:00:11 PMTell me more about the iMac, please.
I don't think it's what you're looking for. It's one of those blue fish tank ones... it was used here as a Print Smith Server until I came along and told them it was garbage and replaced it with a G4.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

mwc

Quote from: Slappy on December 20, 2010, 11:42:14 AMLike a Saphir model or huge Nexscan/Topaz ones? Those are still damned nice scanners, and SilverFast actually makes software that works with the newer OS too.

Yeah, and the software is only $1999 (on sale even! bargain !!!)....  :wtf:
(we keep an OS9 mac and a spare for our Topaz escapades these days, hope to get a few more years out of 'em)
.....but good tidbit there....didn't know about silverfast and the old high-end scanner support

Slappy

Damn, I thought I'd looked at it recently & it wasn't that pricey! When you can pick up a pretty decent flatbed these days for under $700, that doesn't really make sense.

DigiCorn

I should mention that those scanners have that old school plug also, so if you did want to dust them off and fire them up, you probably need to get a PCI card and an old OS for the driver support. I think we have the software, but I was never able to get it to sync properly with Smart Board... some kind of SCSI - Windows XP conflict I was never able to determine. Now we just use the scanner ability on our 4110 for scans - we never scan documents over 8.5 x 11 anyway.

Also, that plate stacker is a 40"-er.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway