Air Filtration unit

Started by richertim, January 02, 2015, 12:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richertim

Hello,
We're running a Fujij CTP with a PAT 506id air filtration unit that has stopped working, being that this is Friday and the day after new years it's not possible to get someone today to fix it... my question is, does anyone know if it is damaging to the CTP to run say 8 plates without this filtration unit running? 

Ear

Fuji CTP... Screen Rebadge? I would say it is just fine to run without filtration, for a little while.

Man, if you knew the stuff I've done to a "broken" platesetter to make it run.... I'm talking MacGuiver shit, duct tape and gum wrapper type of stuff. If it's a Screen, it's a tank and will take all sorts of abuse. The worst thing you will have with bad filtration would be dirty optics, and I imagine it would take a filthy environment to do it over a short period of time.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Ear

The other thing is: "get someone to fix it". I would just open it up. It's either mechanical or electrical and can't be rocket surgery. I am remote enough that I always tear my Fuji (screen) apart before placing a service call... can be fixed 9 times out of 10, sometimes have to order a new relay or something but much quicker and cheaper than a service call.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black