Archiving Prinergy Jobs
by Joe
Today at 04:05:19 PM

clip
adware
by Joe
May 26, 2017, 02:51:55 PM

xx
3D Printing...The Old Kind with glasses.
by Farabomb
May 26, 2017, 12:33:35 PM

xx
Command Workstation Queues
by Grimace
May 26, 2017, 12:29:00 PM

xx
Option Drag not working
by Joe
May 25, 2017, 09:03:39 AM

xx

xx
Mail Houses
by Ear
May 24, 2017, 07:10:23 PM

clip

question
Kodak Prinergy Publish PDF
by DigiCorn
May 24, 2017, 05:01:47 PM

xx
Embedding fonts in a PDF
by DigiCorn
May 24, 2017, 12:51:40 PM

xx
Licensing update issue
by Joe
May 23, 2017, 06:54:18 PM

xx

xx

xx

xx
Two separate 8 page impo
by Joe
May 22, 2017, 04:13:47 PM

xx

Topic: Simple Imposition dude (Read 1316 times) previous topic - next topic

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Re: Simple Imposition dude
Reply #15
I've tried explaining to customers why it is cheaper to run their magazine on our presses if they either print 56 or 64 pages which are both 2 press runs. (32 + 24 = 56) or (32 + 32 = 64) but they will repeatedly try to sneak in a 60 pager that is 3 press runs (24 + 24 + 12). All are divisible by 4. As a courtesy we always try to explain that they will save about $3K - $5K if they either add or subtract 4 pages. They are always upset until you explain the dollar figures to them. Then next issue same thing. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

I'm just one step away from being rich, all I need now is money!

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Pro Bono Prepressico
Reply #16
Right! FFS! We try to tell them that too. A half web costs as much, if not more than a full web... same amount of plates, make ready, etc... the only difference is the size of the paper roll, which is a marginal savings. Not to mention, it takes longer to print the dinky because the press crew has to shut off half of the ink and there are inherent problems with running skinny rolls of paper. Bindery hates half webs too.
Quote: Skryber  "FreeHand sucks ferocious porcupine balls!"

Quote from: born2print "Well now doesn't that suck petrified possum penis."

• Tracy
  • [*][*]
Reply #17
I remember dinky from my Newspaper days, been awhile tho

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #18
Right! FFS! We try to tell them that too. A half web costs as much, if not more than a full web... same amount of plates, make ready, etc... the only difference is the size of the paper roll, which is a marginal savings. Not to mention, it takes longer to print the dinky because the press crew has to shut off half of the ink and there are inherent problems with running skinny rolls of paper. Bindery hates half webs too.

We do 1/2, 2/3, and 3/4 dinkys. Which is always a treat when imposing. :strangle:
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

I'm just one step away from being rich, all I need now is money!

Reply #19
Hi everby, Im noob using this navigator's plugin.

I wonder if is possible impose 2  files, head to head or foot to foot.

You may get the result you want by rotating the files 90 degrees prior to bringing into the imposition program.
Not the best way, but completely doable.