Prinergy 7 / Insite 7...FREE at last

Started by Joe, October 14, 2015, 09:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

No, the Preview app in Insite is 100% Flash. I actually use it more than Smart Review. It still isn't a pain in the ass like Java was in Smart Review/uploading though.

Almost all of our PDF's are supplied by customers. They create the job, upload the files, and approve the pages in Insite. Having the Prinergy Preflight info in Smart Review so they can't say they didn't know of problems is vital. The Prinergy Preflight is part of the refine process template. You can use either use the old "Advance Preflight" in Prinergy that does show the preflight issues in Smart Review or we can now use the Callas or Acrobat Preflight+...but it is not integrated into Smart Review yet. It's coming but who the hell knows when? We are talking about KODAK here.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

jmaciag

Well, our upgrade is complete and everything went smooth. We were running by 1pm. All of our RBAs seem to be running well. We are extremely excited to be free from Java.  :banana:
Mac OS 10.10.5 | Adobe CC 2015
Prinergy Connect 8 | Preps 8
Insite  Prepress Portal 8 | Screen 16000 VLF | Screen 36000ZX

Mikie

Logged a call to Kodak today about an issue, was gonna see if any of you guys have seen it. We use template jobs in our automation when creating the new jobs. In the template jobs we have the impositions needed. When the new job is created, it is no longer bringing in the impositions from the template job. It is bringing in the RBA and APA. It works when you manually select a template job when creating a new job, but no longer through automation.

Joe

Haven't seen that issue but I don't use any template jobs with existing impositions because the page count NEVER stays the same from one issue to the next. I wish I could but it is a major pain with RBA to create pagesets and impositions based on number of pages uploaded or any other mathematical calculations. Plus a lot of jobs change presses from issue to issue and even signature to signature. And of course it would be a crime against printing if we even had two presses with the same setup let alone 7 of them.

Mikie

Yeah what we have automated is basic shit. Once the page count supplied and press room get ahold of things, I can't automate shit either lol. My guess is that when you manually create a new job there is an option to include impositions from the template job.... somewhere with Kodak's automation that has been deselected. Will spend tomorrow looking for said button.

Joe

Manually creating a job in Prinergy it is here:

[attachimg=1 width=400]

So you are creating a job with RBA and selecting a template job to base it off of? For that I think you should just have to edit your existing rule and select it here:

[attachimg=2 width=400]

Mikie

site is acting a fool, will reply tomorrow lol

Mikie

K so for us we run with XML files. It has all the information to create the new job. One bit is the job template to use to create the new job. it is using this correctly, but when the new job is created it is copying over the APA and RBA from the template job, but NOT the impositions in the template job. In the main RBA that drives everything, it is selected to copy the impos from the template job, it just isn't.  Kodak has yet to be any help. It still works manually creating a new job and selecting a template job, but not automated.

Joe

Well, I'm sure it isn't Kodak's first bug ever. :rotf:

Not to worry. They will fix it in Prinergy 8 (ETA: 2019)

Mikie

hmmm, so i was playing around with it and set it to ALL and now it is bringing in the impos lol. They have a bug I guess with the check boxes where you select the things you want copied over. Apparently ALL gets around it. I had already tried resaving the rba this morning with now luck, but I was still just selecting those 3 things.

We aren't gonna tell them yet though, let them figure it out. Wonder if they are hiring?

Joe

Just send them an invoice for $24,500 for your services. Ya never know with all of their corporate confusion they may send you a check.

Farabomb

Kodak left me at the initial install with a services bug that they never thought was important enough to resolve. I can get around as I know how to manually start services. Most sausages would be lost.

And Joe has a good idea. It might get paid.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Mikie

They actually gave us a $90K credit last month because we figured out they were charging us for service contracts on servers we haven't used in years. Go team kodak!

Fuckers... they used to be pretty worthy until all their talent bailed on their bankrupt asses.

Adriano

Quote from: Joe on October 15, 2015, 08:45:44 AMJust a thought if it hasn't been tried yet Dan...

Log into the prinergy server with the araxi account. Open Internet Explorer. Under the "Tools" menu select Internet Options. Click the "Connections" tab and then click the "LAN Settings" button. In Lan Settings uncheck the box "Automatically detect settings". Click OK. Click OK. Restart Workshop.
Thank you Joe
Always helpful.
Fixed the problem for us.
Still not drinking. Never been better